It sounds like you are running into a known bug (although it says it was fixed in 22.214.171.124 it might have still found it's way into 126.96.36.199)
Let us know how you go with the following steps:
1. Stop the Unifier web server instance.
2. Navigate to the [Unifier Installation Home]\apps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes directory and open the datasource.properties file in a text editor.
3. Update the server= line to include the name of the Unifier database in the databaseName= portion. Also remove the portion after the databaseName= portion.
Example before change:
Example after change (database name is unifierdb):
I had this issue as well installing Unifier 9.12, I worked out that it was the version of JDK I had selected. When I installed WebLogic Server 11g it asked me what version of JDK I'd like to use and I chose one of the versions that was bundled it with it. After having no luck I ended up download JDK 7u25 and reinstalled WebLogic, this time when it asked me what version I wanted to use I specified custom location and pointed to the path of JDK 7u25, once I got the deployment stage the login window now connected to the database and I was able to login.
Thanks for the info. Solved this last week. The problem I was hvaiong was I was using the 32 bit WebLogic install on top of the x64 Java base.
One would think it would give you a nice error on compatibility but no it loaded fine apart from that functionality issue.
Thanks for relating your experience as well. Hopefully someone else won'ty make our mistakes haha