Can you describe the full sequence of steps, or post the MaxL script you are using?
In general when you load data to ASO, even without explicitly creating buffers, the following things happen:
- Data load buffer is created
- Data is loaded to the buffer
- The buffer is 'committed' to the database (which actually loads the data to the cube)
If something goes wrong during step 2, the buffer will be destroyed but Essbase may still attempt to commit, producing the error you are seeing. Check the application or MaxL log for the data load and see if it contains more data.
It's also possible that you're explicitly trying to commit a buffer that doesn't exist. But 9 times out of 10 this is something else going wrong during the load. Bad file path, bad data source, inaccessible SQL source, bad load rule etc.
while loading i get error Reading Ruke SQL Information for Database
Reading Rules from Rule Object for Database
Dataload buffer (9999)doesnot exists
Unexpected Essbase error 1270040
but if i check the error file it is showing zero
Seems like its related to the Rules file , check it again and reload !!
And specifically, it's a problem with a SQL load rule. Check the query and connection in the rule, look at ODBC setup to confirm the connection and credentials (although I'd expect a more specific message if login fails) are valid, extract and run the SQL in the load rule against the source database via a native database tool etc.
Adding to your comment Tim , I have few concerns with SQL load rules . When do we use SQL load rules , how is creating tables in SQL studio update EA star schemas . I am bit confused in this whole process. Can any one please explain me .
Much appreciated !!
first take the extarct of data from view and load via notepad or excel with rule file and see the diff then check your data column in rule file .. some time while loading data from Sql views data column name changes ..
another you can distroy load buffer id but this would be least option
Maxl: Query database ‘App’.’Database' list load_buffer; Delete those which you see
MAXL : alter database 'App'.'database' destroy load_buffer with buffer_id 1;
Are you loading the exported data file fom the ASO cube , if yes use maxl to load the data file by placing the data file in the cube folder
import database 'Test'.'OLAP' data from server text data_file 'data.txt' on error abort;
In the scenario place the data.txt file in the below path
I had this issue couple of times. It could be an issue with the EAS. Re-login to EAS and try again
Thank you everybody for ur suggestion.
I tried to load each file seperately and found out the wrong file and hence i deleted the wrong file and then loaded the files seperately and it worked.
Correct , I had similar experience . I had a problem with the data file , so copied the entire content onto other text file and reloaded . EAS data load worked.
Can you check whether Data file contain any unknown member or list of members which is not present in your target ASO cube.