4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 10:04 AM by 7221478a-15ea-41b6-b019-f71953254dcc RSS

    OEPE modifies weblogic.xml after deploying

    7221478a-15ea-41b6-b019-f71953254dcc

      I grabbed the latest version of OEPE from http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/12.1.2.1/kepler/repository

       

      After upgrading to this version from 5.3 (or some version of 5) I noticed that OEPE insists on modifying the weblogic.xml after deployment.  I can see the file from after initial deploy and it matches my workspace.  Then (seconds later), OEPE modifies the file to change the context-root to the project's name, overriding what was already in the file.

       

      How do I turn off this behavior?  If this is a feature, I'm hoping you can turn it off.  If it's a bug, is there any kind of workaround other than downgrading?

        • 1. Re: OEPE modifies weblogic.xml after deploying
          Raj Alag-Oracle

          Hi,

           

          Are you seeing this issue with a stand alone web project or when the project is part of an EAR.

           

          When a dynamic web project is created, the weblogic.xml file contains the default context root as the projects name

           

          in your case are you modifying the context root to a different value and it's being reset to the default value after deployment ?

           

          I tried that scenario and was unable to repro.

           

          It would be great if you could provide some additional information on reproducing the issue along with the WLS server version you are using.

           

          thanks

          Raj

          • 2. Re: OEPE modifies weblogic.xml after deploying
            7221478a-15ea-41b6-b019-f71953254dcc

            Hey Raj,

             

            Thanks for the reply.  It is a standalone web project using Maven (m2e) to automatically build (meaning I do not have to run the Maven commands to build it).  Not sure how that works with the OEPE plugin, but seems to work even without the OEPE Maven plugin, so I guess m2e handles it all itself.  The weblogic.xml was created prior to importing into the Eclipse workspace, so I didn't let OEPE create it for me.  The context-root in the weblogic.xml file is correct, even after the initial deploy, but not after OEPE modifies it.

             

            I can deploy this to Tomcat embedded within Eclipse (WTP) with no issues.  As I mentioned, the WL deploy seems to work, except it changes the context-root as one of the last steps.

             

            I'm using WLS 10.3.6, but it's in the {workspace}\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\projectName\beadep where the exploded war is being deployed and where I notice the file being changed.  It's not WLS that is changed anything (at least it shouldn't be).  I used the *exact* same WLS with the previous version of OEPE without issues.

             

            Please let me know if I can clarify anything else.

             

            Thanks!

            • 3. Re: OEPE modifies weblogic.xml after deploying
              dvohra21

              The weblogic.xml was created prior to importing into the Eclipse workspace, so I didn't let OEPE create it for me. 

              Create the weblogic.xml in OEPE.

              • 4. Re: OEPE modifies weblogic.xml after deploying
                7221478a-15ea-41b6-b019-f71953254dcc

                Thanks for the reply Dvohra.  The weblogic.xml is actually correct and isn't the problem.  This weblogic.xml has been working fine in production for about a year.

                 

                I spoke directly with the OEPE team and they pointed me at .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.

                 

                There is a property in that file: <property name="context-root" value="this_is_what_your_context_will_be_renamed_to_by_oepe"/>

                 

                After changing this to what I wanted (it had defaulted to my project's name), it seems to work fine now.