This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 9:43 AM by 834105 RSS

Discoverer : HELP : You dont have the privleges to create or run workbooks. Please contact your discoverer Manager

834105 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

Need help on above error message.

One of our user has suddently started to see this error in the Discover Plus. The user is able to do normal operations in other responsibilities of applications but when use a specific (Oracle Apps) responsibility  it shows the above error and none of the data is visible in available folders. I tried to grant same responsibility to another user and get the same error. I am doubting the responsibility setup.

Any idea ? Please advice if some solution is known, not sure what have gone wrong.

• 1. Re: Discoverer : HELP : You dont have the privleges to create or run workbooks. Please contact your discoverer Manager
    sharonb - oracle Newbie

Access to Discoverer privileges can be given to "Public", an E-Business Suite (EBS) Responsibilty or an individual User.

Your issues sounds like the Responsibility has had some privilige removed.  Bring up Discoverer Administrator (Admin) and log on as sysadmin (or other EBS user with Admin access).  Use the Tools  /  Privileges  pull down menu.  Choose the select button.  Enter a portion of the Responsibility that is having problems and Go button.  Highlight the failing Responsibility and OK button.  You will see on the right side the privileges given to this Responsibility.  I suspect you will find "Save workbooks to database" is not checked.  There may be other priviliges missing as well.  Review which privileges this Responsibilty should have and set them accordingly in Admin.  Apply or OK buttons will save your changes.

Regards,

Sharon

Oracle Support

• 2. Re: Discoverer : HELP : You dont have the privleges to create or run workbooks. Please contact your discoverer Manager
    834105 Newbie

Hi Sharon,

I tried doing what you suggested and verified the following :

The Responsibility has the following Privileges

[Unchecked] Administration Privilege

All below Admin are unchecked.

[Checked] Desktop and Plus Privilege

[Checked] Create/Edit Query

[Checked] Collect Query Statistics

[Checked] Item Drill

[Checked] Drill Out

[Checked] Grant Workbook

[UnChecked] Schedule Workbook

[Checked] Save workbook to database

[UnChecked] Create Link

So if you see above , the save workbook to database was already checked. Also an interesting observation is that the user was able to use this same responsibility some time back , and all of a sudden now the error message pops up when login into Plus saying "You dont have the privleges to create or run workbooks. Please contact your discoverer Manager". The same user is able to log into the D.Plus with other responsibility which when queried by me looks exactly has the same Privileges in Administration.

I am no sure if I am missing here something , or is there any process that I need to run to synchronize the privs of all responsibilities to what is showing in Administration , please advise?

Thanks

Santosh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points