This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 6:41 AM by 886436 RSS

dpEven for chechout actions?

886436 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello!

I need to read the value of dRevLabel when users click on any form of "Checkout" action of the document in order to populate another custom field.  What is the event for this action?  If tried to use the below in my ruls, but it did not capture the dRevLabel on checkout, but only on Checkin.

( (dpEvent like "OnRequest" or dpEvent like "OnSubmit" or dpEvent like "OnImport") and

(dpAction like "CheckinSel" or dpAction like "CheckinNew" or dpAction like "Info" or dpAction like "Update" or dpAction like "Search"))

Thank you!

Anya

• 1. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    William Phelps Expert

Profile rules do not apply to and are not activated for "checkout" actions.  You'll have to write a customization to the checkout service to meet your requirement.

• 2. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    886436 Newbie

Any hints on customization?  Can I possible write a custom service to read a dRevLable for this dId?  If yes, how would I return the result of the service on the UI?

The business case is that upon the checkin of an existing item (after the check out and edit offline ), the users need to see the dRevLabel of the existing item in order to make some decisions for the new revision.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    William Phelps Expert

Now that you explain it that way, there's an option using profiles.  The original post and the subsequent clarification really are two different things. 

Restating what you just posted.

• You only need to see the old rev label on the checkin selected revision form,
    • not necessarily needed during the actual checkout phase,
    • and for no other reason than a display on the checkin revision form.  There's no searching needed on the old rev label.

While the new rev label appears on the form in the rev label field, the old rev label (the one you want) is still available in the DOC_INFO result set.

Assuming you already have a field "xOldRevLabel" on your form, in the profile rule, in the default value dialog, enter "<$dprDefaultValue=DOC_INFO.dRevLabel$>".  That should put the old label in your custom field.

• 4. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    886436 Newbie

That is great - really saved my life this morning

Thank you a lot for your explanation - next time I will start with a business case, so it's clearer!

Anya

• 5. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    886436 Newbie

Hello William - another question about the DOC_INFO.dRevLabel.  We are using DIS MS Office integration, and need to display the same in "Checkin with Metadata" area for documents.  Somehow, DIS does not read from DOC_INFO - I've tried with various metadata fields, no only dRevLable.  Any value is returned blank.  Do you have any insights on DIS and DOC_INFO?

THanks!

Anya

• 6. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    William Phelps Expert

In that case, the data should be in local data <$#local.dRevLabel$>

You may have to create some IF logic in your profile to read the data correctly, based on the service being called.

<$if #local.IdcService like "ASSIGN_DOC_INFO"$>

<$dprDefaultValue=#local.dRevLabel$>

<$else$>

<$dprDefaultValue=DOC_INFO.dRevLabel$>

<$endif$>

• 7. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    886436 Newbie

Hm, it does get the value correctly online (on the browser interface), but in DIS, it inherits the value upon the first checkin and that's it!  It does not increment even if I do subsequent checkins, and if my dRevLabel value grows!  This works fine in the browser, though...

• 8. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    William Phelps Expert

Might help if I actually post the right service name...

<$if #local.IdcService like "ASSIGN_DOCINFO_FORM"$>

<$dprDefaultValue=#local.dRevLabel$>

<$else$>

<$dprDefaultValue=DOC_INFO.dRevLabel$>

<$endif$>

• 9. Re: dpEven for chechout actions?
    886436 Newbie

I had to use Java filter, where I've created an object based on the previous DOC_INFO for a dID.  I then read the previous dRevLabel, save it into a Placeholder metadata field, and then can display on the UI...

Thanks for all your help!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points