This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2013 7:10 AM by user12214072 RSS

Unable to start "Weblogic Managed Server" after config.sh "fails at creating data sources"

user558643 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have just installed Oracle (Fusion Middleware) Discoverer 11g Release 1 Patchset 1 (11.1.1.2.0).

During the Configuration oracle Fusion with config.sh it failed with "fails at creating data sources". After attempts to resolve the issue and restarting at that point it eventually proceeded with the error apparently unsolved correctly.

The entire installation/upgrade continued to the end. At the end, I shutdown the entire Oracle Fusion, and now the servers are not starting up.

1) Weblogic Server starts as expected with "nohup $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/startWebLogic.sh & "

2) Weblogic Node Manager starts as expected with "nohup $WL_HOME/server/bin/startNodeManager.sh > startNodeManager.log &"

3) Weblogic Managed Server WLS_DISCO cannot start with "nohup $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/startManagedWebLogic.sh WLS_DISCO &".

Some of the errors are:

<Sep 9, 2013 1:38:55 PM EDT> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server log file /u02/appldisc/11

.1.1/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain1/servers/WLS_DISCO/logs/WLS_DISCO.log is opened. All

server side log events will be written to this file.>

<Sep 9, 2013 1:39:05 PM EDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm

myrealm.>

<Sep 9, 2013 1:39:06 PM EDT> <Emergency> <Store> <BEA-280060> <The persistent store "_WLS_WLS_DISCO" enco

untered a fatal error, and it must be shut down: weblogic.store.PersistentStoreFatalException: [Store:280

105]The persistent file store "_WLS_WLS_DISCO" cannot open file _WLS_WLS_DISCO000000.DAT.

weblogic.store.PersistentStoreFatalException: [Store:280105]The persistent file store "_WLS_WLS_DISCO" ca

nnot open file _WLS_WLS_DISCO000000.DAT.

at weblogic.store.io.file.FileStoreIO.open(FileStoreIO.java:128)

at weblogic.store.internal.PersistentStoreImpl.recoverStoreConnections(PersistentStoreImpl.java:4

35)

at weblogic.store.internal.PersistentStoreImpl.open(PersistentStoreImpl.java:423)

at weblogic.store.admin.AdminHandler.activate(AdminHandler.java:126)

at weblogic.store.admin.FileAdminHandler.activate(FileAdminHandler.java:191)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: java.io.IOException: Error from fcntl() for file locking, Resource temporarily unavailable, er

rno=11

at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectIONative.openConsiderLock(Native Method)

at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectFileChannel.<init>(DirectFileChannel.java:54)

at weblogic.store.io.file.direct.DirectIOManager.open(DirectIOManager.java:179)

at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreFile.openInternal(StoreFile.java:112)

at weblogic.store.io.file.StoreFile.openDirect(StoreFile.java:168)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

No matching store mbean found for =_WLS_WLS_DISCO, must be a default store.

<Sep 9, 2013 1:39:06 PM EDT> <Error> <Store> <BEA-280061> <The persistent store "_WLS_WLS_DISCO" could no

t be deployed: weblogic.store.PersistentStoreFatalException: [Store:280105]The persistent file store "_WL

S_WLS_DISCO" cannot open file _WLS_WLS_DISCO000000.DAT.

weblogic.store.PersistentStoreFatalException: [Store:280105]The persistent file store "_WLS_WLS_DISCO" ca

nnot open file _WLS_WLS_DISCO000000.DAT.

at weblogic.store.io.file.FileStoreIO.open(FileStoreIO.java:128)

at weblogic.store.internal.PersistentStoreImpl.recoverStoreConnections(PersistentStoreImpl.java:4

4) Processes in Instance all start as expected with "$ORACLE_INSTANCE/bin/opmnctl startall"

Processes in Instance: asinst_1

---------------------------------+--------------------+---------+---------

ias-component                    | process-type       |     pid | status 

---------------------------------+--------------------+---------+---------

emagent_asinst_1                 | EMAGENT            |   11635 | Alive  

RptSvr_ofintest01_asinst_1       | ReportsServerComp~ |   11634 | Alive  

Discoverer_asinst_1              | PreferenceServer   |   11632 | Alive  

Discoverer_asinst_1              | ServicesStatus     |   11633 | Alive  

webcache1                        | WebCache-admin     |   11630 | Alive  

webcache1                        | WebCache           |   11631 | Alive  

ohs1                             | OHS                |   11629 | Alive  

A link to the logs is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15497130/oracle/ebs11/startManagedWebLogic.sh_nohup.out

1) Could you please look at the errors above if you could assist me in getting "Weblogic Managed Server"to start?

2) If the problem is as a result of the error with config.sh - "fails at creating data sources" - Can I fix this error at this point or have to uninstall oracle fusion completely and reinstall?

3) If I have to uninstall Cold Fusion, do I uninstall all software from the Repository (RCU) or how do I handle this?

Thanks

Mathias

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points