Does anybody know where jacob.jar should go on the client? I have tried copying jacob.jar to various lib directories of several Java installations in C:\Program Files\Java and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java but the NoClassDefFoundError is not going away.
The background is, of course, that WebUtil doesn't seem to work and gives these error messages in the Java Console:
Exception in thread "thread applet-oracle.forms.engine.Main-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jacob/com/ComFailException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jacob.com.ComFailException
As com.jacob.com.ComFailException is in jacob.jar, which I have installed on the server, it would appear that the automatic download does not work for some reason, so I figured I'd go ahead and install jacob.jar on the client myself. But that does not seem to help either.
This is Forms 184.108.40.206.0 on Solaris 10 in a VMware virtual machine running on Windows 7, the Windows machine also serves as the client (running Internet Explorer 10).
Please disregard the above question. I just put back the jacob.jar entry from cache_archive_ex to WebUtilArchive in the [webutil] section of the formsweb.cfg file, and WebUtil is working now. My apologies for slightly prematurely posting the above question in the first place, but I've been trying to get WebUtil to run for some hours and decided it seemed a bit hopeless...