5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 11:47 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

How to Restore E-Business Suite after Server Crash?

Clamarion

Hi Hussein Sawwan,

I have a question that will be useful to other members of the community. How do I restore Oracle E-Business Suite R12 after physically loosing the server that hosts the ERP instance?

I have 2 scenarios here:

1-Existing cold backups of the DbTier and AppsTier are available

I have been doing a full backup of the Apps and Inst folders once a week on an external drive.

I have been copying the DB folder (Data + DBMS_ORACLE_HOME) after shutting down the database cleanly once a week on an external drive. Noting that, here the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode.

2-Existing Hot backups of the Database are available and I have a backup of the Apps and Inst folders (AppsTier)

The database is in archivelog here. I have been doing a full hot backup of the database once a week, an Incremental backup everyday, and a full backup of the archivelogs once a week. All of this to an external drive. The Apps and Inst folders are backed up once a week to an external drive.

Let say something bad happens and we completely loose the physical server. How can I do to restore and recover my Oracle E-Business Suite R12 to a new server?

I know I will have to Install the same OS on the new server, but what happens after that?

Thanks in advance,

Clamarion.