This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 2:29 PM by Marc Sewtz RSS

blank report when using rtf report layout

Montherz Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

my apex version is 3.2 and my bi publisher is 10.1

I created an RTF report layout on bi publisher desktop ... (the layout is free form with for-each ROW and breaks on page) .....

I loaded the data with XML sample and did a preview it works like a charm ....

created the report layout in apex and changed it in the report query with output format :Word .... ( I did run the report  and the word document was blank ).

Changed the output format to: PDF I got ( The selected document could not be opened )

Changed the output format to: XML ( I got all my records !!!!! nothing is missing and it works fine) ...

I checked the bi publisher and it is working fine and I can download all my interactive reports with no problem ...

Any idea !!!

Please help

Thank You

• 1. Re: blank report when using rtf report layout
    EhPex Newbie

Montherz,

If you are still having this problem, check that your BI Publisher Desktop version matches (or at least is close) to your BI Publisher version.

I recently struggled with creating a PDF based on an RTF file and I just kept getting a blank pdf.  The problem was that the server was running BI Publisher 10 and I was using BI Publisher Desktop 11 to create the rtf.  Once I changed my Desktop version to 10 and recreated the rtf file, it worked like a charm.

Good luck,

EhPex

• 2. Re: blank report when using rtf report layout
    Marc Sewtz Pro

RTF templates created with the BI Publisher 11g Word Plug-In will not work when using BI Publisher 10g on the server - unless the compatibility mode is used. To do this, start Word, navigate to the BI Publisher Plug-In menu, click options, click the "Build" tab, and then select "Backwards Compatible" for "Form Field Size.

Regards,
    Marc

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points