My client is planing to activate DR (Standby) database for testing and want to confirm my step Is that correct ? and I confuses when bring Data Guard back after testing is done.
Sorry, I don't have experience about Data Guard so I need some expert to confirm again.
After testing, I plans to transfer archive log files from Primary (Transaction log during test) to DR and apply, Is this possible ? because I don't need to backup Primary and restore to Standby and re-configure Data Guard again.
yes you can do so.
following the below steps.
1. Apply the remaining archive logs on the standby.
2. shutdown the standby database.
3. take backup of controlfile and datafiles.
4.start the database in mount stage.
5. activate the standby database. " alter database activate standby database"
6. Then do what ever testing you want.
7. after it is completed shutdown the activated standby database.
8. restore the database from the backup.
9. then start appplying the archive from the last applied archive before the database was shutdown.