This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 8:39 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Need your help, very stressful

HarryApps Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gurus,

Need your help with multinode installation. I have followed Linux 5.9-64 bit pre-requisites and I have 2 nodes. At a high level, Linux2 is my database node, Linux1 is app node, also I have added Linux2 as another appnode (in the same installation). On Linux2, I created appsu001 and orau001 as user accounts. On Linux1, I created appsu001 user. This is a shared file system. For app node the directory is located on Linux1 and sharing using nfs mount. I started rapidwiz as root and I can confirm that the database node installed correctly. My challenges are,

1)  when it started installing app node, it tries to run adconfig.sh from the app node using Executing command: /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adconfig.sh -contextfile=/oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/appl/admin/TWONODE_linux2.xml noprompt.

/oracle/apps/r12 - install base app node. Surprisingly it never created ad directory under appl, obviously it won't find adconfig.sh file. Installation fails...Other than this entry, every other log entry looks good without any errors.

2) I try to ignore the same as I thought db node was good and let me install the app node with loading the existing configuration by copying the rapidwiz files, to my surprise, when I execute the ./rapidwiz it won't run. Why?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Are you installing 12.1.1?

/oracle/apps/r12 - install base app node. Surprisingly it never created ad directory under appl, obviously it won't find adconfig.sh file. Installation fails...Other than this entry, every other log entry looks good without any errors.

What is the error message?

2) I try to ignore the same as I thought db node was good and let me install the app node with loading the existing configuration by copying the rapidwiz files, to my surprise, when I execute the ./rapidwiz it won't run. Why?

I assume you ran Rapid Install on Linux2 then copied the config file to Linux1 and started Rapid Install -- Please confirm.

Are you running rapidwiz on Linux1? If yes, what is the error?

Is the stage area directory shared between the two servers? Is the DISPLAY set correctly on Linux1?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

Yes, 12.1.1

Lines from the app node log:

Error message:

Statusstring run AutoConfig on Apps Node

Executing command: /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adconfig.sh -contextfile=/oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/appl/admin/TWONODE_linux2.xml noprompt

Cannot execute AutoConfig on Apps Node

I try to execute the rapidwiz on Linux1, the GUI screen doesn't even show up. No, I haven't copied the configuration file yet. However, when I ran the rapidwiz on Linux2, remember Linux2 is a database node and also an app node. I have received several errors in the post installation checks but I can see DB is successfully installed and configuration file is created successfully. I know it is complicated than I think..

• 3. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

BTW, most of the errors from post installation checks are pointing to the app node errors such as, Database availability error:

Executable : /oracle/database/TWONODE/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/sqlplus ---/oracle/database is database node install base

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 0

Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has succeeded

Cannot find environment file /oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/ora/10.1.2/TWONODE_linux2.env

RW-50011: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error:  1

Environment file error:

RW-50016: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME environment file was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/ora/10.1.3/TWONODE_linux2.env   RW-50016: Error: - iAS ORACLE_HOME environment file was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/ora/10.1.2/TWONODE_linux2.env   RW-50016: Error: - APPL_TOP environment file was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/TWONODE_linux2.env   RW-50016: Error: - ADOVARS environment file was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/adovars.env   RW-50016: Error: - APPSCONFIG was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/adconfig.txt

Http Error:

HTTP

checking URL = http://linux2.com:8002

RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

Virtual Directory Error:

Virtual Directory

RW-50015: Error: - Http Server Virtual Directories is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

Login Page Error:

Login Page

RW-50015: Error: - Login Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

Configuration Upload is successful on DB node

Configuration Upload

uploading config file at /oracle/database/TWONODE/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/conf_TWONODE.txt

Successful upload of config file at /oracle/database/TWONODE/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/conf_TWONODE.txt

DBC File error:

DBC File

RW-00023: Error: - DBC file was not created:

File = /oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure/TWONODE.dbc

Am I making this installation too complicated? May be should I limit Linux2 to pure DB node and Linux1 as app node then I may not be able to test the shared file system, I guess I can create one more node, it could be pushing my virtual box..But I can do it, please advise. Thank you for the timely help.

• 4. Re: Need your help, very stressful

Lines from the app node log:

Error message:

Statusstring run AutoConfig on Apps Node

Which apps node is this? Linux1 or Linux2? After installing the database on Linux2, you don't need to run Rapidwiz again on this node.

Is there any log file?

I try to execute the rapidwiz on Linux1, the GUI screen doesn't even show up. No, I haven't copied the configuration file yet. However, when I ran the rapidwiz on Linux2, remember Linux2 is a database node and also an app node. I have received several errors in the post installation checks but I can see DB is successfully installed and configuration file is created successfully. I know it is complicated than I think..

Please make sure that the DISPLAY is set correctly as root user and you can issue "xclock".

Please provide more details about the services you are planning to run on each node. Also, please mention the order of running Rapid Install on each node.

If you are planning to install the database on Linux2 and the application on (Linux1/Linux2) and Linux1 is the primary node, then you have to run RapidWiz on Linux2 to install the database, then copy the config file to Linux1, then run RapidWiz on Linux1

Thanks,

Hussein

• 5. Re: Need your help, very stressful

Am I making this installation too complicated? May be should I limit Linux2 to pure DB node and Linux1 as app node then I may not be able to test the shared file system, I guess I can create one more node, it could be pushing my virtual box..But I can do it, please advise. Thank you for the timely help.

Please see my previous update.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 6. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

I don't have any errors from Linux2 node - this is the db node.

autoconfig was not able to run on Linux1, which is the primary app node. Started rapidwiz on linux2 as root. I am not running the rapidwiz on db node again. I ran once, the db was created but my issues are with the primary app node - the first error was it tried to run the autoconfig on app node because it is running autoconfing from the directory it didn't create.

These lines are from Linux1 - primary app node

Executing command: /oracle/apps/r12/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin/adconfig.sh -contextfile=/oracle/apps/r12/inst/apps/TWONODE_linux2/appl/admin/TWONODE_linux2.xml noprompt

On Linux1 - I issues Xclock and it is perfectly showing the clock. But rapidwiz doesn't run.

Let me explain the order of install again..

Linux1, Linux2 machines - both are vm boxes

Linux2 - is db node, Linux1 is primary appnode, and after that I hit add server, added Linux2 as extra appnode and sharing the Linux1 directory structure. DB on Linux2 was successful. However, some issues in the post installation checks[we don't have to worry about them now] and most of them are pointing to Linux1 errors. I have mentioned the first error that happened on the Linux1 primary node, which is autoconfig didn't run because rapidwiz is pointing to a directory that didn't exist. Happy to upload all the logs but don't know where though..

• 7. Re: Need your help, very stressful

HarryApps wrote:

I don't have any errors from Linux2 node - this is the db node.

autoconfig was not able to run on Linux1, which is the primary app node. I am not running the rapidwiz on db node again. I ran once, the db was created but my issues are with the primary app node - the first error was it tried to run the autoconfig on app node because it is running autoconfing from the directory it didn't create.

These lines are from Linux1 - primary app node

On Linux1 - I issues Xclock and it is perfectly showing the clock. But rapidwiz doesn't run.

Let me explain the order of install again..

Linux1, Linux2 machines - both are vm boxes

Linux2 - is db node, Linux1 is primary appnode, and after that I hit add server, added Linux2 as extra appnode and sharing the Linux1 directory structure. DB on Linux2 was successful. However, some issues in the post installation checks[we don't have to worry about them now] and most of them are pointing to Linux1 errors. I have mentioned the first error that happened on the Linux1 primary node, which is autoconfig didn't run because rapidwiz is pointing to a directory that didn't exist. Happy to upload all the logs but don't know where though..

Sorry but you are confusing me here ..

You mentioned above that you get those errors (AutoConfig errors) on Linux1 then you mentioned "On Linux1 - I issues Xclock and it is perfectly showing the clock. But rapidwiz doesn't run." so how do you get those errors on Linux1 if rapidwiz doesn't run on this node?

Are you using the same stage area directory on both servers?

This is what you need to do ..

- Make sure DISPLAY is set correctly on both nodes

- Run RapidWiz on Linux2 as root user to install the database and make sure it completes successfully

- Copy the config file from Linux2 to Linux1

- Run RapidWiz (from the shared stage area directory) on Linux1 as root user to install the application and use the config file that was copied

Thanks,

Hussein

• 8. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

Sorry about the confusion. I wish we can talk so I can express things clearly.

I followed exactly what you said, logged in as root started installation on Linux2, I got all these errors when I am running the rapidwiz on Linux2 and I didn't complete the installation. Post installation checks on Linux2 has errors but the error started when it was not able to run the adconfig on apps node. Does rapidwiz install anything when I started the install on Linux2 (db node)? Also, where should I copy the configuration file on Linux1 server?

• 9. Re: Need your help, very stressful

RapidWiz is not supposed to install any application files on Linux2, and it should only lay down RDBMS $ORACLE_HOME and create/start the database and the database listener.

Please upload all log files from Linux2 (in one zip file) to any free hosting website and post the link here.

How to locate the log files and troubleshoot Rapid Install for Release 12.0.x and 12.1.x (Doc ID 452120.1)

Thanks,

Hussein

• 10. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

Sure. Would it install any application files, if I select the linux2 (db node) also as an another application node?

• 11. Re: Need your help, very stressful

No, it should start installing the application files on the shared disk when you run Rapidwiz on Linux1.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 12. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

Got it. Sorry, asking some simple questions here:

When rapidwiz completes install on linux2, are the post installation checks be successful? I am guessing they won't be because I haven't run the install on linux1 yet. Is that correct?

• 13. Re: Need your help, very stressful

When rapidwiz completes install on linux2, are the post installation checks be successful?

Yes, the checks have to be successful on each node.

I am guessing they won't be because I haven't run the install on linux1 yet. Is that correct?

Not correct

Thanks,

Hussein

• 14. Re: Need your help, very stressful
    HarryApps Newbie

If I haven't run the install on Linux1 (primary app node), how would the post installation checks be successful on Linux2, as it didn't have the application files yet, is that correct?

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points