I have an old AIX matchine, and Oracle 9.2 but database is down.
I get the errors when sqlplus
TNS-00517: Lost contact
listener.ora have no entry(blank file)
lsnrctl status just take long time but no feedback.
ps -A | grep oracle
no entry, so thinking oracle is crashed!
can i used the datafiles to restore from this situation? if yes then how?
please help me...
thanks in advance for any feedback.
This question is not about replication but about DB administration, but in general check following:
1/ log to server under ORACLE owner account
2/ set environment variable ORACLE_SID to relevant value of you instance identifier you have a trouble
3/ run sqlplus and after you are prompter for login type / as sysdba
3a/ if you receive a message that you are connected to an idle instance type startup to start instance mount database and open it. When you receive message database opened your DB is up and running. Then exit sqlplus and try login from remote machine over SQL*Net
3b/ if you don't receive message that you are logged to an idle instance try select * from v$instance;
thnaks all for the replies.
actually the problem was with network, the DNS was not set collerctly.
recover step as followed:
1. #hostname (this OS must success)
2. #nslookup [hostname] (this OS must success with [hostname] value)
3. #export ORACLE_HOME="HOME_HERE"
4. #export ORACLE_SID="HOME_SID"
5. #mv $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener_bak.ora
(don't useing listener file)
6. #$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all
7. #$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus / as sysdba