1 person found this helpful
This question is not about replication but about DB administration, but in general check following:
1/ log to server under ORACLE owner account
2/ set environment variable ORACLE_SID to relevant value of you instance identifier you have a trouble
3/ run sqlplus and after you are prompter for login type / as sysdba
3a/ if you receive a message that you are connected to an idle instance type startup to start instance mount database and open it. When you receive message database opened your DB is up and running. Then exit sqlplus and try login from remote machine over SQL*Net
3b/ if you don't receive message that you are logged to an idle instance try select * from v$instance;
It looks like you are not set the env variables correctly. Please set oracle_sid and oracle_home variables properly.
thnaks all for the replies.
actually the problem was with network, the DNS was not set collerctly.
recover step as followed:
1. #hostname (this OS must success)
2. #nslookup [hostname] (this OS must success with [hostname] value)
3. #export ORACLE_HOME="HOME_HERE"
4. #export ORACLE_SID="HOME_SID"
5. #mv $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener_bak.ora
(don't useing listener file)
6. #$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all
7. #$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus / as sysdba