8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 1:01 PM by user9976634 RSS

Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1

SSA

As we upgrade from 11.3 to 12.1 we are running into the following issue:

Column names have changed for MODES, RESOURCES, and DATES to "MODE", "RESOURCE", and "DATE" (quotes included) for the LBYI and LBYLOG tables.

Has anybody run into this while upgrading from 11.X to 12.X?  Did anybody try to rename the column names to resolve this issue?

• 1. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
          Sruthi

Hi,

May I ask what issue you are facing because of the column name change, in any of the expected functionality/system behaviour? Depending on the version, there will be additional tables/columns also created. These shouldn't ideally create any issue during upgrade, but may be in scripts.

Thank you,

Sruthi Jayasimhan

• 2. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
            SSA

Hi Sruthi,

Below is what we get when we installed the 12.1.

Error: Platform error: FAP Error code=904 ODBC Error S0022 904 [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00904: "A"."MODE": invalid identifier".

I see our MRL when I view the navigation bar but I don't see anything when viewing the workspace tree.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
              user9976634

I'm not sure that the column names were changed between versions. However there have been times when the default column names conflict with a keyword with the underlying database system. In those cases, you can rename the column in the table and then use the INI file to tell Documaker about the change. In your case, you may need the following settings.

< ODBC_FieldConvert >

MODE         = MODES

RESOURCE = RESOURCES

DATE           = DATES

If you have installed 12.1 in parallel and did not import your existing setup, look in your old INI files and see if you had similar settings there.

• 4. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
                SSA

Our old ini files did not have these settings.  It seems like the new column names are in LBYI and LBYLOG tables.  Instead of MODE it is "MODES" (with the quotations) etc.  We were a bit skeptical of just changing the underlying column names our selves not knowing what other changes we might be missing.  Not sure if this will be supported or not if we just go ahead and update the column names our selves.

• 5. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
                  user9976634

I have to tell you that I have not seen that. I just recently did an install of 12.2 and created a new workspace with tables. I'm using and Oracle DB behind the ODBC. I'll go check and see what actual column names were generated.

• 6. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
                    user9976634

Yeah, it appears that the column names for the Library log (LBYI) are the same as before. I'm not sure why you are seeing what you do. (Assuming this pastes correctly, below is what I see.) Did you allow DMStudio to create the tables? Or did you generate DDLs and then have a DBA create them based upon those files? It would be interesting to know where the disconnect has occurred.

DATE

TIME

LIBNAME

ACTION

FILENAME

FILETYPE

VERSION

REVISION

EFFECTIV

MODE

STATUS

CLASS

PROJECT

USERID

PROCESS

• 7. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
                      SSA

We did not allow 12.1 to create the tables and nor did we generate DDLs.  We did not do anything with the back end.  We installed 12.1 in a different directory and pointed it to the existing database we have for 11.3.

• 8. Re: Column names different between Documaker 11.3 and 12.1
                        user9976634

Are you saying that you are just trying to run a Gendata step on your existing MRL without changes? If so, that should just work. However, if you are trying to do something in DMStudio, then you would need to create a workspace.I guess I don't understand exactly where you are in the process when this message occurs.