This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 10:53 AM by EhPex RSS

How do I contact someone directly via this forum?

EhPex Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a question (or 7) about a previous, old, locked post.  Is there a way to communicate directly with the previous solver of a problem?

how to save pdf in APEX 3.0

It would be huge if I could get this solution working, but I'm having some trouble capturing the pdf content in the blob.

Sorry for the noob question and thanks in advance for the help,

EhPex

• 1. Re: How do I contact someone directly via this forum?
    rukbat Guru Moderator

That old thread is from 2007.

There's no way to determine whether any of the participants are even alive, let alone monitoring something from that long ago.

Do you keep track of what you typed on your computer on some stormy Thursday, six years ago?

Just post your question to whichever forum space is most appropriate to whatever your current topic might be and hope for someone to respond with current knowledge.

• 2. Re: How do I contact someone directly via this forum?
    Mike Kutz Expert

Just start a new question.

Besides, the answer for APEX 4.0 will be different than for APEX 3.0

Try reading this thread (that was 4th on the front list when you posted) for storing PDF in a table....

How to automatically send report after it is created?

• 3. Re: How do I contact someone directly via this forum?
    EhPex Newbie

Mike -  yes, Yes, YES!!!!!

2 and a half days of going nuts over this and I was able to get the pdf I'm creating stored as a blob in my test db in a half hour by following Storing and Accessing Reports in the Database link from the other post.

I wasn't considering my PDF a 'report' because it's not like a report that would be shown in a region (it's basically a Word signature form with just one or two values from the app needed), so I think that I wasn't searching for the answer with the appropriate terminology.  In other words, I'm a noob and don't understand APEX very well (yet).  Regardless - I'm cooking, now.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points