1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 2:40 AM by BluShadow Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
        EdStevens

BluShadow wrote:

Well, it happened again within the past hour.... so I guess I've got you to blame Ed. 

fwiw, I got hit with a spontaneous logoff at 0638 US CDT.   That would be 0438 in Redwood Shores.

After my work yesterday, I'm thinking the editor issue is causing more real grief than the logoffs. 

• 16. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
          EdStevens

EdStevens wrote:

BluShadow wrote:

Well, it happened again within the past hour.... so I guess I've got you to blame Ed. 

fwiw, I got hit with a spontaneous logoff at 0638 US CDT.   That would be 0438 in Redwood Shores.

After my work yesterday, I'm thinking the editor issue is causing more real grief than the logoffs. 

And again at 0819 US CDT

Perhaps, like the standing thread "report spam here", we should have a standing thread "report spontaneous logoff here" where people could report every individual incident.  That way Oracle staff could get a picture of the scope of the problem.

Or am I just having a "Friday morning" moment?

• 17. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
            Timo Hahn

For this you have to login,  which may get you logged out again

Timo

• 18. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
              Catch-22

It's Friday the 13th today. Perhaps this could be a perfect time for Oracle OTN staff to provide some feedback or status update about fixed or outstanding issues.

• 19. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                EdStevens

Dude wrote:

It's Friday the 13th today. Perhaps this could be a perfect time for Oracle OTN staff to provide some feedback or status update about fixed or outstanding issues.

that would be good.  Something more current than a 3-year old Jive blog entry stating that Jive is making the editor a "priority"? 

Just as another summary,  apart from logoffs and the editor, are there any other open "issues" -- as opposed to "wish list"?  Things that aren't working as they should vs.  features we'd like to have?

Hmm. Even as I type that, it occurs that someone (particularly the editor team at Jive) could claim the editor is working exactly as they designed and intended.  But if that's the case, my response would be that their design is so abysmally removed from the needs of a technical community that the design itself is a flaw that needs to be corrected.

• 20. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                  Brianw-Oracle

Do keep reporting logoff issues.  The issue has been bumped up in priority.

• 21. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                    EdStevens

BrianW-OracleMod wrote:

Do keep reporting logoff issues.  The issue has been bumped up in priority.

I was only half-joking about the 'report spontaneous logoff here' thead.  If a moderator wants to create one, I'll be happy to post to it whenever I get kicked off.

• 22. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                      jgarry

It happened to me as I was posting a response about an hour ago.  There seems to be a new message with a link that reloads the page, so that's a slight improvement.

• 23. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                        Billy~Verreynne

Weird thing is that this morning, I did not need to sign on again as the browser refresh still showed me logged on to OTN - more than 12 hours later. Often though, my OTN logon session lasts not even 2 hours.

• 24. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                          BluShadow

Just got logged off again.  No error message...

Tried to go to the moderator forum and it went to the login page instead so I had to log in again to continue.

• 25. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                            Nicolas.Gasparotto

Same here (about 2:45pm CEST).

Nicolas.

• 26. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                              Billy~Verreynne

Another unusual occurrence today.

Logged on. Logged off (editor page throwing server errors as it does when failing to authenticate). Less than 10 minutes after logging on. Clicked the logon button on another browser tab with OTN page showing.. and then seems to be silently logged on again - the logon page did not show, and the editor worked and I could click the submit button.

• 27. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                                EdStevens

BillyVerreynne wrote:

Logged on. Logged off (editor page throwing server errors as it does when failing to authenticate). Less than 10 minutes after logging on. Clicked the logon button on another browser tab with OTN page showing.. and then seems to be silently logged on again - the logon page did not show, and the editor worked and I could click the submit button.

I'm not certain, but it seems that perhaps I'm seeing autologoff more frequently when I'm using the lame "advanced" editor.  Don't know if that means anything or not, but thought I'd throw it in the pot.

• 28. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                                  BluShadow

BillyVerreynne wrote:

I've seen that happening to me before.  You appear logged out, you click "Login" at the top and the page just seems to refresh and you're automagically logged in again.

• 29. Re: These sudden logoffs MUST stop
                                    Mr Nitin-Oracle

Did you say using advanced editor?

It does not occur for me