0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 11:09 AM by 975085 RSS

how to force to remove app or update definition

Hi All,

I am currently working on 1 host having all endeca components(MDEX, PlatformService, Workbench, Applications)

The hostname of this server has been changed before existing application has been removed from EAC. so currently I cannot update/remove definition of existing application on EAC.

It throws following errors while runcommand.sh --update-definition

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sh runcommand.sh --update-definition
      [09.18.13 11:13:05] INFO: Checking definition from AppConfig.xml against existing EAC provisioning.
      [09.18.13 11:13:06] INFO: Updating provisioning for host 'ITLHost'.
      [09.18.13 11:13:06] INFO: Host name of host 'ITLHost' has changed from server1 to server2. Components on this host will be re-provisioned.
      [09.18.13 11:13:11] SEVERE: Caught an exception while checking provisioning.

Caused by com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.EacCommunicationException
      com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.Component getStatus - Caught exception while querying for status of component Forge
      Caused by com.endeca.eac.client.EACFault
      sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl newInstance0 - null

----------------------------------------------------------------------

remove-app does not work as well. it seems it tries to check the status of components on old hostname(which is gone now) and fails. Is there any way to force to remove the application on EAC? so I can create new application with same application name? or Any way to change hostname tied to existing application somewhere on EAC config file?

Thanks,