2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 9:29 AM by eli101 RSS

Solaris 11 ssh ControlMaster support?

eli101

I am trying to run use "net::openssh" perl script, which is using ssh multiplexing  i.e. ControlMaster, and I am getting an error illegal option -- M..., is there any way to turn on multiplexing on Solaris 11 in the ssh client, or we are forcd to compile from source?

perl script used

#!/bin/perl -w

use Net::OpenSSH;

my $ssh = Net::OpenSSH->new(

host,

ssh_cmd => '/bin/ssh',

timeout => 10,

user => user,

password => passwd

);

my @cmd = (ls => '-a');

$ssh->system(@cmd);

The script returns the errors below.

--------------------------

/bin/ssh: illegal option -- M

/bin/ssh: illegal option -- S

ssh: illegal option -- M

Usage: ssh [options] host [command]

Options:

Thnaks,

Eli

• 1. Re: Solaris 11 ssh ControlMaster support?
          BigChuck

Did you happen to find a solution to this problem? I've just run into this myself.

irritating.. I have 12 solaris 11 hosts out of the 1200 servers my script needs to run against. I'm leaning towards just moving these 12 to linux because they are headaches in a dozen other ways as well when it comes to system automation, etc...

• 2. Re: Solaris 11 ssh ControlMaster support?
            eli101

unfortunately I didn't find any workaround, Solaris SSH is an old fork of openssh and dose not support the multithreading option. I cant comment on your Solaris 11 > Linux environment, most of our environment's where migrated from 10 to 11.1, and all I can say is Solaris rocks, features you find in Solaris you can find on any other OS in the market just to name a few ZFS, BE, IPS, FMA, SMF, etc..

Thnaks,

Eli