When I do the following, the filter is lost - very very annoying - is this a bug or is there a setting I am missing?
1) Open a connection by expanding the schema
2) Browse to the TABLES (filtered) part of the tree
3) Double click on the table I am interested in
4) Select the "DATA" tab and view the data
5) Now I enter a simple filter in the text input box and hit enter - data view changes to show filtered data
6) Now I browse to another table and also apply a filter and hit enter
7) When I go back to my first table, the filter is lost and all un-filtered data is displayed - this is the bug I am reporting here - why has my filter gone???
8) If I now re-enter the filter a SECOND time, the filter will then persist and is not lost when navigating away and back again.
Why is this happening, is it a bug or is there a setting I am missing?
I don't know if it's worthwhile raising issues with v3 as the developers are now working on v4. You can download an Early Adopter version available on OTN I think.
If you're new to SQL Developer, it's worth knowing that a single click on an item in the navigator tends to do what you would expect a double-click to do. I think a double click can cause the same action to be started twice.
Thank you for your feedback. Similar issues with the persistence of grid settings has been reported recently. Clearing the settings seems to improve the situation but it does return. It is still an issue in 4.0 EA2 but I investigate further and hopefully get back to you.