4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 2:43 PM by DjSmeadly RSS

Customize ADF

DjSmeadly

Does anyone know the ADF well enough to utilize the ValidateData.js functionality in the ADF versus using the classic web interface? My thought is if we can add a new task or modify an existing file we can use ADF and a button click to leverage the save on web form as in 11.1.2.1 via JavaScript.

• 1. Re: Customize ADF
          JohnGoodwin

ValidateData.js does not work in ADF and I don't believe there is an equivalent yet in the ADF planning world.

There is also this support doc - "Unable To Use Validatedata.js In Planning v11.1.2.2 (Doc ID 1558915.1)"

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 2. Re: Customize ADF
            DjSmeadly

John,

That is correct in 11.1.2.2 and up you must turn off the ADF to utilize JavaScript functionality. I am thinking more towards the ADF. In EPM 11.1.2.3 there is documentation to cutomize the ADF via style, color, etc. My though is there must be an undenouced file or way to customize the ADF to faciliate something similar to utlizing JavaScript in EPM 11.1.2.1 although in EPM 11.1.2.2 and above with the ADF.

Hopefully my clarification makes a little more sense.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Customize ADF
              JohnGoodwin

The Oracle support doc say "Hyperion Planning - Version 11.1.2.2.302 and later" and was modified on "20-Jun-2013" which to me reads that the statement is still valid on 11.1.2.3

It also says "To use the user interface and features from Planning Release 11.1.2.1, refer to the “Using the Planning Release 11.1.2.1 User Interface and Features” section in the v11.1.2.3 Oracle Hyperion Planning Administrator's Guide."

So it is mentioning 11.1.2.3.

There is nothing yet in the 11.1.2.3 documentation about using Javascript with ADF and it still says it is not possible so I have to believe the documentation is correct, unless you can find that "16412938 - CUSTOM JAVASCRIPT SUPPORT ON ADF LAYOUT" has already been implemented.

Maybe it will be available in a future PSU.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 4. Re: Customize ADF
                DjSmeadly

John,

Which I agree. I just have a feeling for those who know the Java Based Oracle as well as the new ADF and how it all functions there has got to be plausible way to perform this. I was looking into some sites regarding the ADF.

Looking through sites like this:
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/b31973/ad_custom.htm - Although it's 11G and (11.1.1.5.0) I figured some of this functionality may be capable in Planning. So Maybe I need to pose the question in another board that may help.

Thanks,