This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 11:35 AM by Celvin Kattookaran RSS

Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types

LongJieMei Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

I'm ussing Outline Load Utility for Planning Version 11.1.2.2. My application was build in classic mode with 2 Plan Types.

The issue is when I run the Outline Load utility, it doesn't allow built the same member into two different plan Types.

I have tried to use different settings in the .CSV file without success.

In detail, I use the same Source Plan Type for the Account that have to be in two diferent Essbase cubes (Plan Types). For Example: The Expenses Account needs to be in both Income Estatement and Expenses Estatement. I supposed that the Source Plan Type have to be the same at two lines of CSV, and change only the value of column of each Plan Type for True or False, depending if applied or not, and of course its aggregation symbol.

thanks for your answer

Account, Parent, Alias: Default, Valid For Consolidations, Data Storage, Two Pass Calculation, Description, Formula, UDA, Smart List, Data Type, Account Type, Time Balance, Skip Value, Exchange Rate Type, Use 445, Variance Reporting, Source Plan Type, Plan Type (IncomeS), Aggregation (IncomeS), Plan Type (Expenses), Aggregation (Expenses)

TAX, ADMIN EXPENSES, , false, store, false, , , , , currency, expense, flow, none, none, true, expense, IncomeS, true, +, false, +
TAX, SALARIES, , false, shared, false, , , , , currency, expense, flow, none, none, true, expense, Expenses, false, +, true, +

TAX, ADMIN EXPENSES, , false, store, false, , , , , currency, expense, flow, none, none, true, expense, IncomeS, true, +, false, +
TAX, SALARIES, , false, shared, false, , , , , currency, expense, flow, none, none, true, expense, IncomeS, false, +, true, +

TAX, SALARIES, , false, store, false, , , , , currency, expense, flow, none, none, true, expense, Expenses, false, +, true, +

• 1. Re: Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types
    user10132385 Journeyer

Have you checked the log file if you are getting some rejects / error messages?

Can you just remove mentioning that plan type information and perform metadata build and see if it gets updated to both the plan types

Amarnath

http://amarnath-essbase-blog.blogspot.com

• 2. Re: Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types
    Celvin Kattookaran Oracle ACE

What is that error that you are getting? Did you try loading it with /X option so that it generates the exception log?

Regards

Celvin

http://www.orahyplabs.com

• 3. Re: Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types
    LongJieMei Newbie

Hi Celvin,

I am using /X option to see in a clearly way the exceptions. But there's not exceptions.

Let me explain this in detail.

I have a Planning Application with 2 Plan Types (Essbase Cubes). I use Outline Load Utility to update de Metadata.

a Plan Types is called Income "Statement" and the other "Expenses".

When I built account memebers of the first One (Statement) It didn't have problem. It took a CSV File for the parent-child construction and it run ok.

But, when I built account members of the second One (Expenses), the members already built in "Statement" Outline estructure where moved to "Expenses" Outline estructure due to the CSV File of Expenses had member with the same name.

Then I exported the Estructure of the Application (The two plan types) to see in a CSV how the machinary works with the plan types settings in columns.

The CSV has the columns to especified the Plan Type Source (Statement or Expenses) and the columns TRUE or FALSE for each one if applied.

I'm trying to use a Member "Total Expenses" in both Plan Types without success. In the same CSV but in two different lines (with two different Parents). I am setting different parameters to build as a shared member in the secundary Plan Type.

It seem that is not possible to have the same member in two plan Types (Essbase Cubes) with a different Parent shearing value.

Thanks for your help

• 4. Re: Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types
    LongJieMei Newbie

Thanks Amarnath,

It is possible to have the same member in Two Plan Types. In fact, the Member, in the secundary Plan Type, is build as Dynamic Calc (formula   @XREF(...)). The issue is that each Member needs to have the same Parent. Or it is build depending on the First Parent into the primary Plan Type.

regards

• 5. Re: Metadata loading not build the same Member into Two Plan Types
    Celvin Kattookaran Oracle ACE

Oh I don't think that is possible. When you define let's say in your case "Total Expenses" is added to Statement cube and then you are saying that Statement is the Source plan. So Planning will make "Total Expense" as stored in Statement cube and will add a dynamic member in Expenses cube (with the XREF formula as you noted).

I don't think you can have Total Expense under a different parent, planning automatically moves the member to the new parent (that is how it is defined, there is some complexity with a shared hierarchy though).

I've once used HSP_NO_LINK uda to make the member stored in both plan types (Total Expense is stored in both Statement and Expense cube without any formula). I don't think it'll work in this case, howeer give it a try.

Regards

Celvin

http://www.orahyplabs.com

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points