This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 11:21 PM by IK RSS

how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)

Manoj Rajput Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
m trying to use run_report_object so many time but error is coming out like "Cannot find report :invalid ID" please help me
what should i do

Rgds
Manoj
  • 1. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    what should i do
    Post all the steps you did, and maybe a little sample of your code (please don't post the whole bunch of code) with
     tags. Maybe also the instructions you used on how to run a report. 

calling +run_report_object+ is just 1% of the work to do to call a report, if this is the only thing you did then you most certainly will have to do the other 99%. But from the informations you gave us this is hard to tell.

cheers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  • 2. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Manoj Rajput Newbie
    Hi cheers,

i m using the function "FIND_REPORT_OPBJECT('TEST.RDF') or "FIND_REPORT_OPBJECT('C:\TEST.RDF') like this in our code
    so i m getting this error

rgds
    Manoj
  • 3. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    I very much doubt that you have a reports object called test.rdf in your form. This sounds like a report, not the reports object. Those are two different things.

Have a look here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/integrating-forms11g-and-reports11g-1905204.pdf

the guide is for forms/reports 11g, but it shouldn't be much different to 10g.

cheers
  • 4. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Manoj Rajput Newbie
    Dear cheers

I am using the following code on the button in forms

declare
    repid REPORT_OBJECT;
    v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
    rep_status VARCHAR2(20);
    BEGIN
    repid := find_report_object('test');
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE,BATCH);
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESTYPE,CACHE);
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'html'); -- PDF, HTMLCSS ...
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_SERVER,'manoj');
    SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no pdeptno='||:department);
    v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
    rep_status := REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS(v_rep);
    WHILE rep_status in ('RUNNING','OPENING_REPORT','ENQUEUED')
    LOOP
    rep_status := report_object_status(v_rep);
    END LOOP;
    IF rep_status = 'FINISHED' THEN WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT('http://<YourServerName:your_port/reports/rwservlet/getjobid'||
    substr(v_rep,instr(v_rep,'_',-1)+1)||'?'||'server=reportserver10g','_blank');

/*the above code will help you to create in browser*/
    ELSE
    message('Error in report');
    END IF;
    END;

earlier i was using show.web_document
    with oracle forms 10g (10.1.2.0.2) with out AS(file server), but when run the report on client machine report path shown like this "
    http://abc:8889/reports/rwservlet?report=D:\test.rdf&server=manoj&DESTYPE=CACHE&DESFORMAT=PDF&mode=DEFAULT&PARAMFORM=no&p_empno=&USERID=scott/tiger@orcl"

I want to hide connection sting (USERID=scott/tiger@orcl)
  • 5. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Go back and re-read the doc references:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/integrating-forms11g-and-reports11g-1905204.pdf

Specifically look at page 3 which explains that you need to create a Report object in your form. Then notice that in the code examples, that " find_report_object" is looking for the name of the object you created in the form and not your report file name.
  • 6. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Manoj Rajput Newbie

dear

I am facing problem to send multiple parameter from oracle form to report

for exam

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no pdeptno='||:department);

but i want to add 5 another parameter also, so please help

like this

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no pempno='||:empno);

• 7. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Priyasagi Pro

Hi Manoj,

Use run_product() built-in function, this satisfy  your requirement.

For example:

declare

pl_id paramlist;

begin

pl_id:=get_parameter_list(‘test_param’);

if  id_null(pl_id) then

pl_id:=create_parameter_list(‘test_param’);

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'fr_month', TEXT_PARAMETER, to_char(:from_date,'dd/mm/yyyy')) ;

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'to_month', TEXT_PARAMETER, to_char(:to_date,'dd/mm/yyyy')) ;

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'p_cls_id', TEXT_PARAMETER,:cls_id);

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'p_school_id', TEXT_PARAMETER, :sch_id) ;

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'p_year_id', TEXT_PARAMETER, :yr_id) ;

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'fees_id', TEXT_PARAMETER, :fees_id) ;

end if;

run_product(reports,report_name, synchronous, runtime, filesystem, pl_id, Null) ;

destroy_parameter_list(pl_id);

Message was edited by: Priyasagi

• 8. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Andreas Weiden Guru

Unfortunately, RUN_PRODUCT doesn't work in Forms 10G.

But..., what exactly is the problem in appending more parameters to that string?

• 9. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    Priyasagi Pro

Sorry Andreas.  I was not concentrate on that.

• 10. Re: how to relove this problem in forms 10g(10.1.2.0.2)
    IK Newbie

Hi,

append and concate. as many parameters as you have created in your report .i.e

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER,'paramform=no pdeptno='||:department||' padd='||:add||' pphone='||:phone);

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points