5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 3:24 PM by kdario RSS

Connection issues

twinklin_girl

Hello,

I have developed an application with jdeveloper at home . When I open the same application at work , I delete the connection used at home and add the connection used in the office. But I cannot run my application , I get many java errors related to connection.

The tables used in the application have the same structure (both at home & office) . Only the connection names & db differ .

Please help. I am using jdeveloper 12c.

• 1. Re: Connection issues
          Lalit S

Hi,

It's difficult to ascertain exact cause from your explanation, you can check entity objects for schema prefix and remove if any prefixes are there.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Connection issues
            twinklin_girl

I am getting such errors :

013-09-20 11:02:01.947/3.422 Oracle Coherence GE 12.1.2.0.0 <Info> (thread=main, member=n/a): Created cache factory com.tangosol.net.DefaultConfigurableCacheFactory

oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-27200: JNDI failure. Unable to lookup Data Source at context jdbc/Connection1DS

at oracle.jbo.server.DBTransactionImpl.lookupDataSource(DBTransactionImpl.java:1489)

at oracle.jbo.server.DBTransactionImpl2.connectToDataSource(DBTransactionImpl2.java:328)

• 3. Re: Connection issues
              Lalit S

Make sure that you have data source created in weblogic server console named Connection1DS and its tested properly.

This could help:

How to create a DataSource in WebLogic Server 11g console. | Udaya&amp;#039;s Blog

• 4. Re: Connection issues
                Gijith

Hi,

I hope after creating new connection you tested the connection and it found success. Else go to the application resources-->Connections-->Take properties of your connection and test.

If the connection is found success then open application module--> select Configurations -->you will see two configurations select one and edit--> In the edit window select data source name as your new connection name.. ie your new connection_nameDS from the drop down.

Do this for the second configuration also.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Gijith.

• 5. Re: Connection issues
                  kdario

Only the connection names & db differ .

When you create Application Module, data source name is constructed as: connectionName + 'DS'

So you have two possibilities:

1. create connection with the same name as original connection

2. go to application module config, edit local configuration and change data source name to: yourNewConnectionDS

I have developed an application with jdeveloper at home . When I open the same application at work , I delete the connection used at home and add the connection used in the office. But I cannot run my application , I get many java errors related to connection.

I would suggest you to create data source in integrated weblogic server and disable 'Auto-generate and Synchronize weblogic-jdbc.xml Descriptors During Deployment' option in deployment profile.

With this approach you don't need to change connection when you switch between work and home.

Dario