10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 2:25 PM by ragavhere RSS

Member mapping in ERPI

ragavhere

Hi,

I have set up my source and target applications in ERPI. I am trying to load data to planning application. I have cost center dimension which is concatenation of Department and Location chartfields in peoplesoft with "-" between dept and location. I have set up the import format.

1. In member mapping, how do I specify this concatenation of Department and Location with "-"?

2. There are other dimensions in planning for which there is no Chartfield in Peoplesoft. E.g. Version. How should I map this dimension?

3. In member mapping, when I select the dimension and click on Add, it does not show me the Source values when I click on the "Lens" icon.

4. Which table in Peoplesoft does ERPI use to load the data?

Since my intention is only to load data, I have not set up metadata mapping.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 1. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
          JeffJon

1. In member mapping, how do I specify this concatenation of Department and Location with "-"?

You can type in your source value for the dimension into the source field and browse for the target in Essbase

2. There are other dimensions in planning for which there is no Chartfield in Peoplesoft. E.g. Version. How should I map this dimension?

Use a wildcard * to <target version> in the Data Load Mapping.

3. In member mapping, when I select the dimension and click on Add, it does not show me the Source values when I click on the "Lens" icon.

You need to choose "Update metadata" in the mapping page and it should pull back the source values.

4. Which table in Peoplesoft does ERPI use to load the data?

The list of tables that are used in Peoplesoft by ERPI are found in the appendix in the ERPI Administrator Guide    

• 2. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
            ragavhere

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

1. The default concatenation of segments in ERPI is "_". I am still not sure how I can replace it with a "-". Costcenter dimension in Hyperion is concatenation of two segments "Department" and "Location" in peoplesoft.

3. I refreshed the source values. But it still does not show me the values from the source.

4. I hope ERPI would load balances from PS_LEDGER. I would like to load data from a different table "PS_Z_GL_ACCT_ENTRY". Is it possible to change it?

Regards,

Ragav.

• 3. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
              JeffJon

What is the Type for your Data load?  Is it set to FDM?

The Concatenating Segment by default is a _ that is correct.

When the target applications is a FDM or ARM data load type: you can set the concatenation member

by specifying the concatenation character.

For non-FDM and ARM data loads and metadata loads, the underscore character “_” is used

to concatenate two segments. For FDM and ARM data loads, you cannot use an underscore

character with a mapping that uses the “Like” method. Therefore, for FDM or ARM

mappings, specify a different concatenation character for the data load mapping details.

This is done in the Import format

3. I refreshed the source values. But it still does not show me the values from the source.

Can you re-initalize the source system and then test it?

4. I hope ERPI would load balances from PS_LEDGER. I would like to load data from a different table "PS_Z_GL_ACCT_ENTRY". Is it possible to change it?

No, it's not possible to change it and yes it goes load balances from PS_LEDGER    

• 4. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                ragavhere

Thanks Jeff. My data load type is Planning application. We load metadata outside of ERPI and our users are used seeing the costcenter concatenated with an "-". It makes us nervous and it is a big deal if we will have to change it. Is ERPI not so friendly to change the concatenation character for Essbase and Planning applications.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 5. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                  JeffJon

I understand that your target application is Planning, but what is your Data Load method set to?  Classic or FDM?

• 6. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                    ragavhere

Oh. I have set the data load type to Classic.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 7. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                      JeffJon

Try setting to FDM and then you should be able to set the concatenation character.

• 8. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                        ragavhere

Jeff,

Would that need additional configuration in FDM? We do not want to use FDM. Trying to go just with ERPI.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 9. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                          JeffJon

Would just like to see if that will allow you to use the other character you like and then test the load to the target system.

• 10. Re: Member mapping in ERPI
                            ragavhere

Jeff,

I tried changing it to FDM. But it still didnt show me the concatenation character field.

Regards,

Ragav.