5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 9:16 AM by Anar Godjaev RSS

unlock user standby

Hi, I have a problem when one user is blocked in standby for wrong passwrds and after this I can not unlock this user in standby. How can I do this, without restart standby?

Regards

Haysar

• 1. Re: unlock user standby
          saratpvv

what error message are u getting..? what is current state of your standby database now..? What is ur Database version..? Is that account is locked in primary..?

• 2. Re: unlock user standby

Hi, I don´t have a error message. In my case, I have a account locked only in the standby, in primary the account is unlocked and work fine.

The database version is 11.2.0.3.

The real problem is that I can´t unlocked a account in the standby, when one account is blocked for wrong passwords, for example, I can´t unlock this account in standby.

• 3. Re: unlock user standby
              Lubiez Jean-Valentin

Hello,

You unlocked the account on the Primary, but are you sure that the change was propagated to the Standby ?

Please, force a log switch [alter system switch logfile;] on the Primary and ensure that the archived log was applied to the Standby.

Then, check for the account status on the Standby.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Jean-Valentin Lubiez

• 4. Re: unlock user standby
                saratpvv

As Jean suggested - all the archivelogs are shipping to standby and both primary and secondary are in sync - When you giving " atler user <username> account unlock; wheat message are u getting..?

• 5. Re: unlock user standby
                  Anar Godjaev

Hi

R u sure your database is not in readonly mode??

The database has been opened for read-only access. Attempts to modify the database using inappropriate DML or DDL statements generate this error. In order to modify the database, it must first be shut down and re-opened for read-write access.

thank you