3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 6:50 AM by 1039020 RSS

Deployment stuck at "Connecting to database...." at Unifier login page. Login button disabled

I've been working on deploying the 9.13 version of Unifier. Everything stood up fine, however at the Unifier login screen, it shows "Connecting to Database..." above the username and password entry forms, and the Login button is disabled and I cannot proceed any farther in the setup. Checking the SQL tabular view, the DB is empty. Can anyone point me as to where I might have missed a step?

• 1. Re: Deployment stuck at "Connecting to database...." at Unifier login page. Login button disabled
          algibson

Hi,

It sounds like you are running into a known bug (although it says it was fixed in 9.12.0.3 it might have still found it's way into 9.13.0.0)

Let us know how you go with the following steps:

1. Stop the Unifier web server instance.

2. Navigate to the [Unifier Installation Home]\apps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes directory and open the datasource.properties file in a text editor.

3. Update the server= line to include the name of the Unifier database in the databaseName= portion. Also remove the portion after the databaseName= portion.

Example before change:

server=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\:1433;selectMethod=cursor;databaseName=;sele

ctMethod=cursor;

Example after change (database name is unifierdb):

server=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost\:1433;selectMethod=cursor;databaseName=unifi

erdb;

Regards

Alex

• 2. Re: Deployment stuck at "Connecting to database...." at Unifier login page. Login button disabled
            ZacB

I had this issue as well installing Unifier 9.12, I worked out that it was the version of JDK I had selected. When I installed WebLogic Server 11g it asked me what version of JDK I'd like to use and I chose one of the versions that was bundled it with it. After having no luck I ended up download JDK 7u25 and reinstalled WebLogic, this time when it asked me what version I wanted to use I specified custom location and pointed to the path of JDK 7u25, once I got the deployment stage the login window now connected to the database and I was able to login.

Zac

• 3. Re: Deployment stuck at "Connecting to database...." at Unifier login page. Login button disabled

Thanks for the info. Solved this last week. The problem I was hvaiong was I was using the 32 bit WebLogic install on top of the x64 Java base.
              One would think it would give you a nice error on compatibility but no it loaded fine apart from that functionality issue.

Thanks for relating your experience as well. Hopefully someone else won'ty make our mistakes haha