4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 4:57 PM by Mike_Charchuk RSS

send report directly into the printer

user9275313

Hi all,

Kinldy share with me your experience if you have knowledge working on sending oracle reports(.rep) directly to the printer default setting printer on client machine.

Actually our puspose is to stop user print more than one time.

Is this feasible programtically (customize) in oracle ebs forms?

Note; We could not manage to configure printers in our oracle application ebs, so we need to customize oracle application to send the report directly to the printer.

Thanks

• 1. Re: send report directly into the printer
          Asif Muhammad

Hi,

Actually our puspose is to stop user print more than one time.

If a report request is send to the printer only once, then you can try setting a default printer and number of copies to '1' when the respected report is run from EBS. This is only applicable if Printer is set on EBS end.

Note; We could not manage to configure printers in our oracle application ebs

Do you mean to say, You can afford the printers to work via EBS due  to strict management decision or do you mean to say you faced some setup issue. If it is a setup issue, what error do you get?

Please also refer Note:

Note; We could not manage to configure printers in our oracle application ebs

Thanks &

Best Regards,

• 2. Re: send report directly into the printer
            user9275313

Hi Asif,

Greatful to find your reply, Let me tell you first printer and server detail. We have sun solaris 10 os with M4000 SUN SERVER and Dot matrix LP680 printers. Suppose its configuration at solaris level is creating some issue but I don't know the exact issue right now. However, If you can help me in configuration at operating system level in sun solaris then I would tell you what is the issue.

However, our consultant was telling that lp680 is not network printer they need network printer to enable working. lp680 is installed on clients machine window xp, and by sharing we were trying to sort out this issue.

please let me know if you are interested to help to sort out this issue, i will sent you more detail.

Thanks

• 3. Re: send report directly into the printer
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Suppose its configuration at solaris level is creating some issue but I don't know the exact issue right now

It would be helpful if you get more details about the issue.

If you can help me in configuration at operating system level in sun solaris then I would tell you what is the issue.

Step By Step Guide to Set Up a Printer in Oracle Applications (Doc ID 60936.1)

How to Setup Printer for Oracle Applications 10.7 - 11.5.x Quick Reference (Doc ID 123140.1)

How To Investigate Printing Issues and Work Towards its Resolution? (Doc ID 297522.1)

Dot-Matrix Printer in Apps (Doc ID 1121777.1)

Are Dot Matrix Printers Supported in R12 of Oracle's E-Business Suite? (Doc ID 1118652.1)

However, our consultant was telling that lp680 is not network printer they need network printer to enable working. lp680 is installed on clients machine window xp, and by sharing we were trying to sort out this issue.

You need a network printer if you want to enable printing from the application.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 4. Re: send report directly into the printer
                Mike_Charchuk

If you have printers that are not network attached I think the only option you have if you want to print directly from the e-Business suite is to use a 3rd party tool such as UniTasks  print director (or whatever they call it these days).  Probably not cheap and may be more cost effective to purchase some network attached printers.