2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 12:43 PM by JeffJon RSS

FDM Classic vs. FDMEE

I've a client who is familiar & comfortable with use of FDM (classic) but we are starting a new project using and it has been suggested that FDMEE must be used as the current FDM will not form part of future Hyperion installations.

I also found an Oracle Blog that seems to suggest much the same, yet refers out to a KB article that does not actually say anything much and to the lifetime support policy where it shows FDqM is supported till Apr 2018/2021. Is there an official policy on this, or does the Blog article cover this?

Extract from the Blog...

"Please note that starting with EPM, existing FDM customers will be required to migrate to FDMEE if they chose to upgrade other EPM products to release (Release is the last release of FDM as it is currently offered.)

Please note that enhancements will not be provided for the current FDM and ERPI products after the release. Customers who wish to take advantage of enhanced features and functionality should plan to migrate to FDMEE."

I'm just very nervous having (like others) had fingers burned with the earlier ERPi versions where things like IE Language needed to be changed (in a corporate locked down browser env!!) from UK English to US English to get basic functionality to work (dropdowns with dimension names).

• 1. Re: FDM Classic vs. FDMEE

Hi BossH

its better to raise ticket with My Oracle Support . They have  clear idea on this. if anything goes wrong we can ask them only .

• 2. Re: FDM Classic vs. FDMEE

That is correct, FDM Classic last release is the codeline.  Beginning with the version, FDM Classic will no longer be available, users will be required to move to FDM Enterprise Edition (FDMEE) in the codeline.

FDM Classic is supported under lifetime support as you found, but that is only for the product as it stands.  Any bugs or enhancements will not be resolved after the standard support cutoff, as noted in the Blog.