This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 2:26 PM by user10926115 RSS

data mismatch issue

user10926115 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

HI,

We have a location in FDM named india. we load data every month in that location.due some mapping changes we created another location India1 with some changes. I loaded Data and consolidated successfully in to the new location.Although i loaded the same data in new location it is showing different data.(India is in Prod, India1 testing in Dev.Same data file but showing different values for India1) . Can anyone suggest what could be the reason? and what i need to check?

Thanks in advance,

Mo

• 1. Re: data mismatch issue
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi there,

When you say different data in India vs India1, can you be more specific? Are there more rows, decimals, different mapping?

Have you checked that the options in the location India1 are the same as India?

Regards,

Thanos

• 2. Re: data mismatch issue
    user10926115 Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we added new mappings and removed some existed mapping.. I have checked the options in the locations that are same in india1.

Thanks,

Mo

• 3. Re: data mismatch issue
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi Mo,

Any possibility that the new mappings is the reason of the difference?

Regards,

Thanos

• 4. Re: data mismatch issue
    user10926115 Newbie

Thanos,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "Any possibility that the new mappings is the reason of the difference?". We are loading the same data, if we miss any map then it shows in validate stage. Please let me know if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Mo

• 5. Re: data mismatch issue
    thanasis_agr Pro

Hi Mo,

I assumed that you can see difference in the data either at the target application or after the validation on the FDM application.

The reason can be that as you said that India has different mappings from India 1. If you load the same source data in FDM, the different mappings will create different mapped data for the target application.

Regards,

Thanos

• 6. Re: data mismatch issue
    user10757003 Journeyer

I am assuming you are loading both as Replace?

One simple option is to get copies of the export files for each system and do a simple compare (free compare utilities are available on the internet. this should then show any target mapping differences. you should then be able to trace each difference back through FDm to get the source mapping details.

also check the account mappings. do some accounts have the "account value" switch set? If so check they are the same in both applications.

Another thing to do is check the metadata in both target applicaiton is the same.

Is there any bespoke scripting attached to one locaiton but not the other?

• 7. Re: data mismatch issue
    user10926115 Newbie

It is because some of the mappings are mapped to incorrect target mappings.

Thanks for your help.

Mo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points