Hi, I am getting the "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed" message when running a .bat->VBScript script using Windows Task Scheduler. I am not seeing a solution in Google searches. Possibly I am not seeing the similarities because of a lack of detail in posts. Who knows.
Info as follows:
- Installed ODAC1120320_x64.zip using my personal user account.
- Using my personal user account there is no problem. I use file explorer to run a .bat file that in turn calls the VBScript.
- Using the System account and Windows Task Scheduler the script fails with the above error.
- File ACLs for the Oracle home\..\bin directory give full control to the System account
- ACLs for the ORAOLEDB.Oracle registry key gives access to the System account. I am assuming that all other key-value pairs involved in this problem have the same ACLs.
- Hosted on Windows 2008 (VM)
- The scripting language is VBScript, called from a .bat file. Task Scheduler calls the .bat file.
- The scheduled task has the "Run with highest privilages" box checked (same problem with the box unchecked).
- This configuration and script works well on an older Windows 2003 (dedicated) server