0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 4:52 PM by 02000705-6fa3-4799-aa2d-ec641cdd9b9d RSS

Interesting angle on 'Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed' error

Hi, I am getting the "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed" message when running a .bat->VBScript script using Windows Task Scheduler. I am not seeing a solution in Google searches. Possibly I am not seeing the similarities because of a lack of detail in posts. Who knows.

Info as follows:

- Installed ODAC1120320_x64.zip using my personal user account.

- Using my personal user account there is no problem. I use file explorer to run a .bat file that in turn calls the VBScript.

- Using the System account and Windows Task Scheduler the script fails with the above error.

- File ACLs for the Oracle home\..\bin directory give full control to the System account

- ACLs for the ORAOLEDB.Oracle registry key gives access to the System account. I am assuming that all other key-value pairs involved in this problem have the same ACLs.

- Hosted on Windows 2008 (VM)

- The scripting language is VBScript, called from a .bat file. Task Scheduler calls the .bat file.

- The scheduled task has the "Run with highest privilages" box checked (same problem with the box unchecked).

- This configuration and script works well on an older Windows 2003 (dedicated) server

- Connection string:

"Provider=ORAOLEDB.Oracle;" &_

"User ID=[DB Schema Name];Password=[password];" &_

"Data Source=[TSN name];"

- I can mess with aspects of the TSN name and file without a change in the error message

Thanks for your help.