This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 6:54 AM by backintheday RSS

Multiple Select List does not Refresh with Dynamic Action

backintheday Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

All,

Scenario:

Using APEX 4.2.2, I have a Select List page item (P4_SPONSOR) set to allow multiple values which has a dynamic LOV to populate the list.  What I would like to do is highlight the display values based on another page item's value (P4_DRIVER_ID).  When I set the source of P4_SPONSOR to static text, such as a delimited string of 1:2:3:4, any display values where the return values are equal to the static text are highlighted when the page loads.

Problem:

The problem lies in trying to use a query as a source for P4_SPONSOR which is filtered based on the other page item, P4_DRIVER_ID.  For instance, my SQL Query (returning colon separated values) returns the same as the static text noted above.  In the query's WHERE clause, I specify that the driver's ID is equal to P4_DRIVER_ID:

SELECT sponsor_id

FROM sponsors_drivers_xref

WHERE driver_id = :P4_DRIVER_ID;

This, as I understand it, would necessitate a refresh of P4_SPONSOR whenever the value of P4_DRIVER_ID changes.  So, I have a Dynamic Action that does just that.  When executed on the page, I can see the P4_SPONSOR multiple select list actually refresh, but none of the display values become highlighted.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Seth.

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points