This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 12:33 PM by user37276 RSS

Startup pfile on stanby database blocks connections from 3rd applications on production database

user37276 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

HI people. I would like to share with you a strange situation for  me which it might make sense for you.

I have a production cluster database 10.2.0.4 no asm(proddb), which before was configured for oracle streams.And i have the same enviroment on the dr site With different db_name (drdb). The drdb was not working at all so i deleted all the datafales from aix and cotrol files as well. I created standby control file from proddb from sqlplus and i copied to the path on the dr site that it was supposed to be. Then i created a pfile from proddb i copied it to drdb server and then i edit it to make the changes needed. DB_UNIQUE_NAME parameter was not in the pfile( I am assuming the reason is because was never alterred to spfile on proddb and it was using the db_name as unique name as well).So i didnt add unique name parameter for the drdb and the db_name i left it the same as on production db.Then when i mounted the standby db with pfile modified production database was not aacepting connections from any 3rd party applications. I could connect on the prodb from sqlplus and do queries.alert log shows no errors. Then i shutdown drdb i insert db_unique_name =drdb and then started on mount again the drdb from that pfile and proddbworks perfect.

Does this sounds reasonable for you?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points