The Data Object dialog that appears when I select the plus sign ( + ) for the parameter shows the title Browse Data Object instead of Data Object. Therefore, I am unable to drag and drop the data object for the parameter. What is it that I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
1. First you create Business Object using XSD or direct elements. Like under BPM Navigator, Select Business Object -> Right Click New -> Business Object etc etc.
2. Then from bottom portion under Process Data Object, you create Process data object for the above Business Object.
3. Above 2 steps are minimum.
4. Now create Human Task. When u click on + icon under Parameters, it does open Browse Data Object. Here you will see objects created in Step 2. This is nothing but the Payload that this Human Task will work on.
Thanks for your reply but I was away for a while and was unable to get back to you. I did exactly as you outlined in the four steps. In step 4 when I click on + icon under Parameters, it does open Browse Data Object and I see the process data object which I created. The problem is I cannot drag the object and drop it on the Human Task dialog box.
Again, thanks for your help.
I did not get a solution to this problem. All the documentation that I have read sugggest that the procedure as described should work; but it does not work for me. I am very frustrated about it.
I think the Oracle BMP is a good stuff. So If you find a workaround, please let me know.
You always bind XSD with a task. During execution, payload for task is an instance of XSD. Please see the task editor of SOA suite and click on data tab. Since we are not able to bind of XSD available in BC , i am binding the same XSD from my file system. This is a workaround working fine for now. I hope that is will not give problem in future.
I think I have resolved the issue.
I was running the generic version of JDeveloper on a Windows 7 Ultimate desktop. This is a 64-bit machine and I thought I needed the 64-bit version of JDeveloper. Finally, I decided to install the Windows version of JDeveloper and I didn't care whether it was 32-bit or 64-bit version. And that worked.
After I changed JDK from 1.7 back to 1.6 (Java 6 Update 45, 64bit) to run JDev, it worked fine.
To do this, set Java Home in jdev.conf file in %MW_HOME%/jdeveloper/jdev/bin.
For example: SetJavaHome C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 Bit
Weblogic Server 10.3.5
Hope it helps.