This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 7:48 AM by user8860348 RSS

Install PeopleTools 8.53 with Linux Issue: Boot Application Server Domain PT853 using psadmin

user8860348 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Folks,

Hello. I am installing PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture. Database Server is Oracle Database 11gR1. OS is Oracle Linux 5.

I confront the issue regarding booting Application Server Domain PT853 while Database Server is listening as below:

[user@userlinux PT8.53]$ . ./psconfig.sh
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export SYSTEM_PASS=SYS/SYS
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export ORACLE_HOME=/home/user/OracleDB_Home
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export  ORACLE_SID=PT853
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export TUXDIR=/home/user/Oracle/Middleware/tuxedo11gR1
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$TUXDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
[user@userlinux appserv]$ export PATH=$TUXDIR/bin:$PATH

[user@userlinux appserv]$ ./psadmin

Its output gets 2 errors in the current server log file /home/user/psft/pt/8.53/appserv/PT853/LOGS/APPSRV_0919.LOG as below:

First, GenMessageBox(200, 0, M): PS General SQL Routines: Missing or invalid version of SQL library libpsora64 (200,0)
Second, GenMessageBox(0, 0, M): Database Signon: Could not sign on to database PT853 with user PSADMIN.

I create a symlink in /home/user/OracleDB_Home/lib and /lib32 as below:

[user@userlinux lib]$ ln -s libclntsh.so.11.1 libclntsh.so.8.0
[user@userlinux lib32]$ ln -s libclntsh.so.11.1 libclntsh.so.8.0

After that, I run ./psadmin to boot the domain PT853 again, I see the first error is solved. Now, there is only one error in the current server log file /home/user/psft/pt/8.53/appserv/PT853/LOGS/APPSRV_0924.LOG is below:

GenMessageBox(0, 0, M): Database Signon: Invalid user ID or password for database signon. (id=MyOwnerName)
Server failed to start

I have changed UserId as PSADMIN in Configuration file, purge cache and clean IPC resources and reboot. Password is correct. But the error always indicates id=MyOwnerName.

Application Designer login as PSADMIN successfully. Data Mover Bootstrap login as MyOwnerName successfully.

My question is:

Why both PSADMIN and MyOwnerName are invalid user ID or password for database signon ? How to solve the issue ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Install PeopleTools 8.53 with Linux Issue: Boot Application Server Domain PT853 using psadmin
    HakanBiroglu Oracle ACE

As stated in the installation manual there are a few prerequisites in chapter CHAPTER 8B Configuring the Application Server on UNIX page 238

Prerequisites

Before beginning this procedure, you should have completed the following tasks:

• Installed your application server.

See "Using the PeopleSoft Installer," Understanding PeopleSoft Servers

• Installed Tuxedo 11gR1

See "Installing Additional Components."

• Granted authorization to a PeopleSoft user ID to start the application server.

The database configuration procedure includes a step for setting up the user ID with authorization to start

the application server. See the application-specific installation instructions for information on the user IDs

for your PeopleSoft application. See the PeopleTools: Security Administration product documentation

for information on PeopleSoft PeopleTools delivered user profiles.

See "Creating a Database on UNIX," Running the Database Configuration Wizard.

See "Creating a Database Manually <on Windows or UNIX>," Creating Data Mover Import Scripts.

• Run the following SQL statements on your database server to review and if needed, update the PSCLASSDEFN table:

SELECT CLASSID, STARTAPPSERVER FROM PSCLASSDEFN

WHERE CLASSID IN (SELECT OPRCLASS FROM PSOPRCLS WHERE OPRID='<OPRID>');

UPDATE PSCLASSDEFN SET STARTAPPSERVER=1 WHERE CLASSID='<CLASSID>';

Note. Installers typically use VP1 or PS to test the application server. If these users are deleted or their

passwords are changed, the application server will no longer be available. To avoid this problem, you can set

up a new operator (called PSADMIN or PSASID, for instance) with privileges to start the application server.

If you do this, you can use the new operator for your servers and you won't need to change the

password each time VP1 or PS is changed.

Does you user have privileges to start the applications server.

Also pay attention to the connectid configuration in the application server. This should be the same connectid and password as you provided during the database creation script connect.sql

• 2. Re: Install PeopleTools 8.53 with Linux Issue: Boot Application Server Domain PT853 using psadmin
    user8860348 Explorer

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

I solve the second error as below:

Grant select on PS.PSDBOWNER to PUBLIC;

After that I reboot psadmin and the second error is gone. Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points