3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 10:11 AM by Daniel Merchán RSS

Refreshing Entire page vs Center Region

Prasanth Kadubandi

I have a web center portal application where i have a three column template. I have links (these are 'golinks' as of now) in the left region on click of which i am loading content in the center region. This content is coming from an ADF taskflow as part of shared library jar file. When i click on a left link, it is refreshing the entire region instead of just the center region, but the client wants only the center region to be refreshed. is there a way to achieve this using webcenter - adf taskflow approach or should i change the implementation to use an ADF pagetemplate/UIshell instead? Thanks for helping out.

• 1. Re: Refreshing Entire page vs Center Region
          Daniel Merchán

Hi.

With <af:goLink> you aren't going to achieve it, you need to use PPR (Partial Page Refresh).

You have to transform you <af:goLink> to <af:commandLink partialSubmit="true"...> and add partialTriggers to your center layout to be refreshed once the commandLink is clicked (PPR).

Regards.

• 2. Re: Refreshing Entire page vs Center Region
            Prasanth Kadubandi

Thanks for the reply Daniel. I should have been more clear with my code. Here is my scenario with code snippets:

In my template page (HIETemplate.jspx), code for left side link:

{code}

<af:goLink text="My Home" id="pt_gl1"

destination="/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pages/MyHome.jspx"/>

<af:commandLink text="My Home command link" id="pt_gl4"

partialSubmit="true"/>

{code}

MyHome.jspx page has the center content launched from an ADF library jar as below:

{code}

<af:pageTemplate viewId="/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pagetemplates/HIETemplate.jspx"

value="#{bindings.pageTemplateBinding}" id="pt1">

<f:facet name="content">

<af:region value="#{bindings.onboardingbtf1.regionModel}" id="r1"/>

</f:facet>

{code}

I am not sure how would i change the goLink to a commandLink and launch the jspx as corresponding to the above code and even then i am not sure it would refresh only the center region.

• 3. Re: Refreshing Entire page vs Center Region
              Daniel Merchán

You're mixing Template and Page .

Then just trysomething like this in your Template:

<af:commandLink text="My Home command link" id="pt_cl4"

partialSubmit="true"/>

<af:panelGroupLayout partialTriggers="pt_cl4">

<af:facetRef facetName="content"/>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

Note: Calculate partialTriggers path using Property Inspector to set this property.

I hope this help you.