2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 2:15 AM by Area51 RSS

Max value for Range List

Area51

Dear All

Is there a max value for Range List data type property? I'm using version 11.1.2.2.

I'm trying big numbers like  51123655900 to 51123656120 as my range values.

It looks like the max value that i can enter in the Range List is 2147483647 (this is what gets automatically populated when i paste my big numbers).

Can any one suggest an alternate method to map a single code to a random range list like above? The ranges vary a lot.

Many Thanks

V

• 1. Re: Max value for Range List
          Denzz

Vij,

Yes you are correct about the max limit of the Range list. What i would suggest regarding your requirement is that take the first two digits of the number into a hierarchy level defined property Eg - 51 and then use the other digits in the range list which should be easy to workaround with. Let me know if this helps or your requirement in detail.

Thanks

Denzz

• 2. Re: Max value for Range List
            Area51

Hi Denzz

Many thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your input on this and indeed on every query i had so far.

My requirement may change slightly and i'm waiting on it before i think about this again.

Cheers

Vij