This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 10:14 AM by John Prince RSS

OUD migrate == DSEE11g equals DSEE7.0

John Prince Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have a  question about compatibility of integrating OUD with DSEE11g, though the document mentions about DSEE11g, does it mean DSEE7.0 as well ( as 11g is re-branded version of 7.0 ). Please let me know if it is not?

Why I am asking it because I am trying to migrate DSEE DPS setting to OUD DPS via following command, however it is giving me an error , is it an error or compatibility issue?

Thanks.

./dps2oud.bat -f conf.ldif -o oud_conf_cmds.txt

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sun.dps.tools.dps2ojd.ojd.config.OjdConfig.processDataViews(OjdConfig.java:538)

at com.sun.dps.tools.dps2ojd.ojd.config.OjdConfig.<init>(OjdConfig.java:137)

at com.sun.dps.tools.dps2ojd.cli.Dps2OjdEngine.processDpsConfig(Dps2OjdEngine.java:73)

at com.sun.dps.tools.dps2ojd.cli.Dps2OjdMain.mainCLI(Dps2OjdMain.java:374)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.dps.tools.Dps2Ojd.mainCLI(Dps2Ojd.java:52)

at com.sun.dps.tools.Dps2Ojd.main(Dps2Ojd.java:24)

Fatal error during the processing of the DPS config: null.

• 1. Re: OUD migrate == DSEE11g equals DSEE7.0
    Sylvain Duloutre Pro

Hi,

What release of OUD are you currently using ?

In theory, migration was designed from ODSEE 11g. In the latest OUD release (11gR2Ps1), some tools like ds2oud are able to migrate from older DSEE versions, but I don't think this is the case for dps2oud.

If the conf.ldif file provided is valid, this looks like a bug to me. Feel free to open a Servvice Request to Oracle support.

Regards

-Sylvain

PS: In which OUD deployment stage are you ? Is it proof of concept or do you plan to roll it out any time soon in prod ? In the later case only, feel free to drop me a mail directly at sylvain.duloutre@oracle.com if there are deployment details you would like to discuss.

• 2. Re: OUD migrate == DSEE11g equals DSEE7.0
    John Prince Newbie

This is planning for a real prod upgrade.

I tested dps2oud of recent OUD release, but still the same input, it says null while processing DS 7.0 dps config file.

I will try to contact you on the mentioned mail address.

Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points