This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 12:25 PM by Asif Muhammad RSS

Finding latest release of an ebs object

Asif Muhammad Guru
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Hussein,

Most of the SRs that are been raised are solved by applying a patch which will consist of the latest release of the respective object (forms, reports, packages and etc) as the customer was running on an older version of the package or any ebs objects.  Can you kindly provide some insight on how can we verify whether  the customer is running on the latest version of a particular object if they hit on a bug and how can the latest release of the object be found from metalink?

And also please let me know is there a set of procedure or any logic we should follow to find which object we should look into before analyzing whether the respective object is running on the latest release.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Asif

• 1. Re: Finding latest release of an ebs object
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Hi Asif,

Can you kindly provide some insight on how can we verify whether  the customer is running on the latest version of a particular object if they hit on a bug and how can the latest release of the object be found from metalink?

Unfortunately, this feature is not available for customers or public access and it's only available internally.

And also please let me know is there a set of procedure or any logic we should follow to find which object we should look into before analyzing whether the respective object is running on the latest release.

I believe not for public access, when you search for patches through MOS website, you can find the list of bugs and fixes included in the patch (bugs resolved by this patch), and we internally do have full access to it.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: Finding latest release of an ebs object
    Asif Muhammad Guru

Hussein,

Thanks a lot for the reply!!!

Yes, I guessed it might be the case but just wanted to confirm with you since this way we could attempt to overcome some of the bugs we hit on.

Appreciate your quick reply.

Wassalam

Asif

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points