4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 2:29 AM by Joni Vandenberghe RSS

Mobile App from a Desktop Application

Balamurugan Natarajan

Hi Experts,

I have developed desktop application. I would like to have a mobile version as well.

what is the best approach to have the same app on mobile.

Should i have at have another app on Jquery Mobile.

Thanks,

Bala

• 1. Re: Mobile App from a Desktop Application
          vdsadhi

Hi Bala,

Do you want to create Jquery Mobile application UI within your desktop application??

Yes means, follow the below steps,

Go to Shared Components-> Under the User Interface section-> Select User Interface Attribute.

Under the User Interface section-> Click on Add User Interface button to create Jquery mobile UI.

Then You have to create a navigation bar to switch over from desktop to Jquery mobile UI.

You can refer sample application which is using both Desktop and Jquery mobile UI.

Thanks

Lakshmi

• 2. Re: Mobile App from a Desktop Application
            Balamurugan Natarajan

Hi Lakshmi,

I need a mobile version of my desktop application. Is there a easy way to convert/switch my desktop application to Mobile. So if the app is accessed from a mobile / tab the theme to be used is Jquery mobile ui and if accessed from a desktop it is the desktop app.

Thanks for your reply,

Bala

• 3. Re: Mobile App from a Desktop Application
              vdsadhi

Hi Bala,

We can not switch the application from desktop to mobile jquery UI. Create mobile application separately. You can copy the pages from desktop to mobile application but you can't copy the pages which are having IR. For those pages you have to create in mobile application. I don't have much experience on mobile application.

You can try like this..

Thanks

Lakshmi

• 4. Re: Mobile App from a Desktop Application
                Joni Vandenberghe

The best you can do here is use theme 25, that is responsive so it will convert as much as possible depending of your device. However it does not work perfect yet, reports tend to render the same in mobile and desktop