This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 12:54 AM by Christian Neumueller RSS

How to use LDAP_USER in APEX 4.2

user12001093 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Dear,

I have an application with LDAP Authentication, But when I want to log in the below error is occurred.

(Logging exception in final_exception_handler: Sqlerrm: ORA-20987: APEX - Error processing edit LDAP user function. - ORA-20001: Unable to bind username verify length of item is 30 bytes or less. Use v() syntax to reference items longer than 30 bytes. ORA-01006: bind variable does not exist Backtrace: ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 861 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 896 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_PROCESS", line 917 ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW", line 8428)

features:

• Application Express 4.2.2.00.11
  • WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.6.0
  • Oracle Directory Services Manager Version 11.1.1.6.0
  • Oracle database 11.2.0.3
  • apex_listener1.4

Setting in apex:

Scheme TypeLDAP_DIRECTORY
Hostmydomain.com
Port3060
Use SSL No SSL
Distinguished Name (DN) Stringcn=%LDAP_USER%,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com
Use Exact Distinguished Name (DN)yes
LDAP Username Edit Functionnull

Tip:

When I use cn=sso7 instead of %LDAP_USER%, I can log in successfully.(Distinguished Name (DN) String ==>cn=sso7,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com). it means when I mention CN clearly

Moreover, I think this my problem is %LDAP_USER%.

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: How to use LDAP_USER in APEX 4.2
    Christian Neumueller Expert

Hi user12001093,

the top level error message is "ORA-20987: APEX - Error processing edit LDAP user function". This means that the error occurred when APEX called the username edit function that you specified in the authentication scheme. That function only gets called when you have a %LDAP_USER% substitution string in the DN or in the search string. That's the reason why the error did not occur anymore, after you replaced %LDAP_USER% with a hard coded username. You mentioned that the edit function in your authentication scheme is not set, but then APEX would not execute the edit function. Can you please check that attribute again?

Regards,
    Christian

• 2. Re: How to use LDAP_USER in APEX 4.2
    user12001093 Newbie

Hi Christian,

I do not now what happened?.Today after I have turned on my computer and I tried again every things worked correctly, yet I things that error was saved.

Moreover, this error is not good cos it is several time.is it a bug?

Regards,

Saeed

• 3. Re: How to use LDAP_USER in APEX 4.2
    Christian Neumueller Expert

Hi Saeed,

if you still encounter problems with LDAP authentication, maybe you should use debug LEVEL9 to examine what's going on in detail. That part of the APEX engine contains a lot of instrumentation. If you need help in analyzing the debug output, you can just post it here.

Regards,
    Christian

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points