3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 2:26 AM by 974390 RSS

ADF Mobile- Retreive value of a row on selection of Boolean Checkbox

I have a requirement wherein i have a list item on amx page.On click of any row of the list item it navigates to different page .Now i need to add a boolean checkbox in the list wherein on it's selection different operations should take place, but in my case i'm facing some few challenges:

1)When clicked on checkbox it navigates to different pages as per navigation added on list item .

2) On selection of checkbox whole row value should get selected and on click of delete button it should get deleted.

Is there any way to acheive it.Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: ADF Mobile- Retreive value of a row on selection of Boolean Checkbox
          Richard Childe

I had a similar requirement, and managed to come up with a solution that exploits the fact that when you select a checkbox that sits on a listItem, both ActionListeners (for the checkBox and the listItem) are fired. If you read my last post at the end of this thread, there's a basic explanation of how it works:

Hope this helps,

• 2. Re: ADF Mobile- Retreive value of a row on selection of Boolean Checkbox

I appreciate your help,  as i am new to ADF mobile can you please help with any workaround   that has to done in Bean class for selection/de-selection of checkbox.

• 3. Re: ADF Mobile- Retreive value of a row on selection of Boolean Checkbox

I went through the post as mentioned in https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2557353, i was not able to infer much out of it as i'm completely new to ADF Mobile.According to my understanding i have :

1)Added a column in database as chechboxflag of  VARCHAR(2)

2) Used getter and setter for this column in java class

3)Dropped this column as Boolean Checkbox with SelectedValue as Y and Unselected as N

<amx:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{bindings.flag.inputValue}"  valueChangeListener="#{viewScope.Checkbox.getCheckboxValue}" id="sbc1"

inlineStyle="margin:0px 0px -20px -29px;"/>

4)ValueChangeListerener of that Checkbox is associated with a Managed Bean class.

Below is the snippet of the code written in Managed Bean class:

public void getCheckboxValue(ValueChangeEvent valueChangeEvent) {

ValueExpression ve =AdfmfJavaUtilities.getValueExpression("#{viewScope.flag}",String.class);   

ve.setValue(AdfmfJavaUtilities.getAdfELContext(), "Value Changed!");

Trace.log(Utility.ApplicationLogger, Level.INFO, Checkbox.class, "ValueChangeHandler",

"##############Inside ValueChangeHandler");

AmxAttributeBinding attrBinding = (AmxAttributeBinding) ve.getValue(AdfmfJavaUtilities.getAdfELContext());

AmxIteratorBinding amxListIterator = attrBinding.getIteratorBinding();

BasicIterator listIterator =  (BasicIterator)amxListIterator.getCurrentRow();

//                           RowIterator ri = listIterator.getCurrentIndex()("flag")

boolean isSelected = ((Boolean)valueChangeEvent.getNewValue()).booleanValue();

int i = 0;

Row row = null;

//                    //            System.out.println("Changing row 1: " +

//                    //              row.getAttribute("Name"));

System.out.println("xdebug c2: Changing row 2: " +

row.setAttribute("Flag", "Y");

row.setAttribute("Flag", "N");

//   private DCBindingContainer getBindings() {

/      return (DCBindingContainer)BindingContext.getCurrent().getCurrentBindingsEntry();

//    }

//    }

But when i click on my checkbox it throws error saying Error : Unable to invoke method getCheckboxValue() in mobile.Checkbox class.

Please let me where am i going wrong, any help would be appreciated.