1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 7:52 AM by fac586 RSS

Customising structure of .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table

dc910e9a-cd2e-4504-96a5-769b3a684791

Hi,

I'm developing a custom theme for APEX for our public facing applications which so far has gone really well thanks to the freedom APEX gives to customise templates etc. easily. However today I came across a problem.

The width of the table for an interactive report is too wide for our allowed layout and whilst I know how to fix it, I would like to place a <div> inside the .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table APEX creates, I can't find anywhere to change the markup I need to do so.

Is there a way to modify this markup?

I'm running APEX 4.1.0 if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Felix.

• 1. Re: Customising structure of .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table
          fac586

dc910e9a-cd2e-4504-96a5-769b3a684791 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "dc910e9a-cd2e-4504-96a5-769b3a684791".

I'm developing a custom theme for APEX for our public facing applications which so far has gone really well thanks to the freedom APEX gives to customise templates etc. easily. However today I came across a problem.

The width of the table for an interactive report is too wide for our allowed layout and whilst I know how to fix it, I would like to place a <div> inside the .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table APEX creates, I can't find anywhere to change the markup I need to do so.

Is there a way to modify this markup?

Not in the same way a template can be modified. The interactive report HTML is completely generated by the APEX engine at runtime, so the only way to modify it is via dynamic action/jQuery/JS after the IR region is refreshed.

What do you mean by "I would like to place a <div> inside the .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table"? The only valid location for a div inside the .apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA table is inside a table cell (td or th), which can be achieved either through the report SQL, or more appropriately in 4.2 using an HTML Expression.

If you want to modify the width of the report, then us CSS rules on the report tables and container elements.