3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 9:12 AM by ankitbarsainya RSS

One way replication some tables not being captured.

Henri Goyette
      Im having a problem with my streams implementation. First the necessary setup information.

Source database: 11.2.0.3 EE

Target database (apply): 10.2.0.3 EE

I am capturing on 5 tables. 3 of the tables use a single positive rule and the two remaining tables each have a positive rule of their own because they use a transformation function. Now, the 3 table that use a general positive rule with very little restriction go through, but the other two tables do not go through.

I have used the tracking feature on the 11.2.0.3 database to see transactions for the tables that are replicating, but never get any information for the other two. That and the fact I do not see the number of messages increase in V$BUFFERED_QUEUES gives me the impression that nothing is being captured for those

two tables and it's not even getting to the transformation function.

I dont know of any really good ways to determine why something that should be captured is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henri
        • 1. Re: One way replication some tables not being captured.
          Rc-Oracle
          Hi,

Can you please upload the rules condition you have set it for those 2 tables?

Thanks,
          Reena
          • 2. Re: One way replication some tables not being captured.
            gottikere
            check for the commands used at the source side are supported by streams.

Example : RENAME TABLE is not supported by streams.

Thanks,
            Satish.G.S
            http://gssdba.wordpress.com/
            • 3. Re: One way replication some tables not being captured.
              ankitbarsainya

I have used the tracking feature on the 11.2.0.3 database to see transactions for the tables that are replicating, but never get any information for the other two. That and the fact I do not see the number of messages increase in V$BUFFERED_QUEUES gives me the impression that nothing is being captured for those two tables and it's not even getting to the transformation function.

As per the information provided above the capture process, it seems, is not even capturing the messages.

Please post the output of the following:

SELECT CAPTURE_NAME, STATUS_CHANGE_TIME, ERROR_NUMBER, ERROR_MESSAGE

FROM DBA_CAPTURE where capture_name=<problematic capture process>;

SELECT CAPTURE_NAME, STATE, TOTAL_MESSAGES_CAPTURED, TOTAL_MESSAGES_CREATED, STARTUP_TIME, STATE_CHANGED_TIME

FROM V$STREAMS_CAPTURE where capture_name=<problematic capture process>;

If your capture process is not working properly the error/issue can be determined from these details.

Regards,

Ankit Barsainya