This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 7:16 AM by user12892580 RSS

Accessing base page vo row in popup controller

user12892580 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have a page to which I added an embedded popup on an image item in an advanced table.There are two regions in this popup, header region and another region with advanced table. The header region, I am rendering items with base page VO attributes. For the table, I have a separate VO. The table has only one column which is an LOV. I am using same AM for both popup and base page. I want to be able to access base page VO row in the popup Controller. How do I access base page VO row.

getFetchedRowCount() is returning 0 and getRowCount() for base page VO is giving a high number which is not correct when I check in the AM method which is called from PR of popup CO.

I just want to know how do I access basepage VO row from popup. Can somebody provide me an idea on this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Accessing base page vo row in popup controller
    Mahesh112 Explorer

Hi,

Please go through the  below link:

Mukul's Oracle Technology Blog: JavaScript In OA Framework

Please share how you are using the base page VO in your popup CO, share the code.

and how it is initialized in AM

Regards

Mahesh

• 2. Re: Accessing base page vo row in popup controller
    user12892580 Newbie

I need to set base page VO attribute with a value from popup. That is the reason, I need to access base page VO row. I am able to assign base page VO attributes to items in popup and they are getting rendered correctly. It means they can be accessed in popup. I want to know how to programmatically get the base page VO row.

• 3. Re: Accessing base page vo row in popup controller
    Mahesh112 Explorer

hi,

Try below

In your CO(Whereever you want the VO, in that page CO)

OAApplicationModule am = (OAApplicationModule)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean);

OAViewObject cusVO= (OAViewObject)am.findViewObject(VOName);

OARow empRow = (OARow)cusVO.getCurrentRow();  ///get the vo row here

String position = (String)empRow.getAttribute("Vo attirbute name");  ///get the perticular column from the vo

if((position == null) || ("YES".equalsIgnoreCase(position)))

{

empRow.setAttribute("EnableList4", Boolean.FALSE);//Whatever setting you want do it

}

Let me know if you need any other help

Regards

Mahesh

• 4. Re: Accessing base page vo row in popup controller
    user12892580 Newbie

Hi Mahesh,

getCurrentRow() is returning null. Basically, I have an advanced table in which there is a column for image item on which this popup is enabled. As I click on the image icon for the table row in the main page, popup opens. In this popup, I want to access the main page VO row.

How do I get reference to main page VOrow ?

I am using same AM for both page and popup. In the popup controller process request(), I am calling AM init method for popup. In the AM method, I can use main page VO row class as it is the same AM for both popup and page. But I am not able to get reference to main page VO row. getFetchedRowCount() is returning 0 and getRowCount() for main page VO is giving a high number which is not correct, getCurrentRow() is returning null.

Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points