just getting started with Apex and I'm trying to achieve something that I think should be easy; it must be as I can't see any questions about it anywhere!
I'm using Apex 4.1 on Windows 7.
I have created a form based on a query that should return personal details when provided with a customer ID.
I've added a textbox on the form to hold the customer ID.
I have removed all the CRUD buttons and added a submit button, which submits the form.
When I enter an ID and click submit, I get 'no data found', but it should, so my form/process is obviously wrong; I expected the form to refresh the query and display the data
I also have a few report regions that I want to also refresh, based on the customer ID, to create a dashboard for a user.
Can someone point me in the right direction? It doesn't appear to me that Apex RAD is quite the RAD I was expecting.
Apex created the form as HTML text and there was nothing in the region source; I couldn't find the original query I had entered anywhere.
I have changed it to a PL/SQL anonymous block without success.
The PL/SQL is below; :CM_NUMBER is the textbox.
I appreciate that I am probably being extremely thick here - apologies.
SELECT TC.CODE_DESCRIPTION || ' ' || TI.GIVEN_NAME || ' ' || TI.FAMILY_NAME NAME
, TC2.CODE_DESCRIPTION STATUS
, TI.BIRTH_DATE BORN
, TC4.CODE_DESCRIPTION GENDER
, TC3.CODE_DESCRIPTION MARITAL_STATUS
, NVL(TO_CHAR( FCP.NUMBER_OF_CHILDREN), 'Unknown') CHILDREN
, TA.POST_CODE_OUT_TEXT || ' ' || TA.POST_CODE_IN_TEXT POSTCODE
FROM EXII.T_INDIVIDUAL TI
, EXII.T_CODES TC
, EXII.T_CODES TC2
, EXII.T_CODES TC3
, EXII.T_CODES TC4
, F_CUST_PROFILE FCP
, EXII.V_CURRENT_MAILING_ADDRESS VCMA
, EXII.T_ADDRESS TA
WHERE TI.PARTY_ID = :CM_NUMBER
AND TI.TITLE_CODE_ID = TC.CODE_ID
AND TI.INDIVIDUAL_STATUS_CODE_ID = TC2.CODE_ID
AND FCP.MARITAL_STATUS_CODE_ID = TC3.CODE_ID
AND FCP.GENDER_CODE_ID = TC4.CODE_ID
AND TI.PARTY_ID = FCP.PARTY_ID
AND TI.PARTY_ID = VCMA.PARTY_ID
AND VCMA.ADDRESS_ID = TA.ADDRESS_ID;
If you originally set up your page using a wizard which is sounds like you may have done, it will have created an automated row fetch named "Fetch Row from your table". It will be a process that fires after header.
If this process is firing then this could be the cause of your issue.
If you can copy the application onto http://apex.oracle.com I can have a quick look if your still struggling.
Spot on Paul.
What I'm trying to do is put up a case for using Apex in our company.
Given that it comes with Oracle, it seems a crime not to, but we have a Technical Architect who is most definitely MS oriented and all web stuff is done using .net etc.
I had a look at the 2 day Tutorial, which is OK, but only does what tutorials do.
I created a couple of reports quite easily and wanted something more real world that we would want to use and came up with a sales dashboard as proof of concept.
One we get it accepted, then I can make a case for going on a proper course; cart before the horse, I know, but money wins, as usual!
I'd appreciate you having a quick look at my effort.
Exactly how do I get it to where you can look at it?
That did it but the only application I can see the sample one, I can see you have imported the page and I download the pure SQL from the page. It would be much easier if you can take an export of your whole application and import that then I can look at the page in application builder.
Great got it, I managed to install the application. You obviously haven't got the supporting tables in the oracle environment but I think I may have found the issue, it appears you have a page process called 'a' thats fires after submit that clears the cache of all items on page 1. So essentially you are putting a value into your field then removing it again on submit.
Try giving the "a" process a condition of never and see if that fixes the issue. I have done this in the application in apex.oracle.com if you need to see how its done.