3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 10:44 PM by 968011 RSS

MSAD USER CHANGE PASWORD OPTION

As I am using MSAD as my USER directory,I am not able to see the change password option  in hyperion workspace 11.1.2.2.for MSAD users.This option is available for Native users but hte same is not Available for MSAD users.Please guide me how do we achieve it.

• 1. Re: MSAD USER CHANGE PASWORD OPTION
          Thanos A

Hi there,

If you want to change your MSAD password, you can click Ctrl + Alt + Del and select the change password option from your laptop. Another option is to contact the MSAD admin team to reset your password.

Is this helpful?

Regards,

Thanos

• 2. Re: MSAD USER CHANGE PASWORD OPTION
            Cjx-Oracle

Hello,

There is no option to change the MSAD users password, as the users are availble in the External Directory, and it applies for any / all external providers. If yo uhave access to Active Directory you will be in a position to change the users password, if not you might need to contact your local Admin / network team and they will help you in changing the password(s).

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Charles Babu J

• 3. Re: MSAD USER CHANGE PASWORD OPTION

Thanks All,for the reply ,

I understand that as our Native directory users can change their pasword through Workspace,TOOLS->CHANGE PASSWORD option,but for MSAD users to change password will have to contact MSAD administrator,or they can change through WINDOWS CHANGE PASSWORD option.

But again many of our users are not in our domain(i mean they are not using our MSAD directory) so how can they change their password through WINDOWS. And as we have many users  in other domain ,it is not possible to contact administrator each time the password expires.Please suggest some solution or can I configure multiple MSAD server so that all the users are covered.