I have an application built in Apex 4.2
It's been running fine for several weeks
I've not made any changes to the code
Suddenly it developed what seems to be a cache problem.
If I enter a search criteria; it displays results. I enter a different search criteria and it brings back the same results as the first criteria.
I enter a search criteria in a different field and I still get the results from the first search
I go from Internet Explorer to Mozilla. DIfferent search criteria, but same issue. Google chrome - same issue
The obvious answer is to clear the cache.
I have a process set up that is clear Cache for Items , on submit after computations and validations and then I list all the items individually.
This process has been there all along. I never had this problem before.
If I log out and come back in, same issue. What ever I enter as the first search criteria is the results no matter how I search
I don't think so . To be honest I don't know
The only thing I did was set up the process I described above to clear cache for items. The application was working fine until yesterday. It stopped working yesterday afternoon
There are 2 things that changed.
1. The client says there was a DNS change - not sure what was involved
2. Within the application I use a list as one of the search criteria; select all the records where column XYZ = the item on selected on the list. This has been working for several months. Yesterday I added a few more values to the list
I don't see that either of this would impact the search issue. Even if I don't use the drop down list; there are other search options. When I log in and do a search on any option; the first search criteria I chose stays there. If I search again with different criteria, it still uses the first search option
Sounds like a cache issue to me
But I don't know what to look at or why it would change
I just met with the client
this may actually be related to something they did
they have another application that is having similar problems
I am still curious about how caching works in Apex
When I set up these processes to clear the cache for items - I'm not understanding the options - before load, after submit
clearing the page vs listing items