0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 4:24 AM by Aasubram-Oracle RSS

Unable to change Password in SQLDeveloper

Aasubram-Oracle

Hi.

One of my customer has the following issue.

The mechanism to change passwords does not work. Please see the following workflow:

1. I start from “disconnected” status (this is the normal case, because my password would be expired and I would not be able to connect, but the same happens even when the password is not expired and I simply want to change it),

2. I try to change my password with SQL Developer "Reset Password" window, and

3. I get an error message: oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.t2cCreateState([BI[BI I tested it with expired and not expired passwords, nothing seems to work. Same thing happens if I use the command “Password” from within SQL Developer. If the user is lucky enough to remember to change the password before it expires, he/she can change it within SQL Developer with the simple command  alter user Nxxx identified by "xxx" replace  "yyy" -- yyy = old password, xxx = new password I tested it and it works well, but unfortunately this is a rare case that a user remembers to change before it expires, so we absolutely  need this window to work correctly. My SQL Developer version: 3.2.09 Java Platform 1.6.0_11 Oracle Lite Client 11.2.0.3.0 OS Windows XP Professional

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Anand