This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2013 6:18 AM by Sami Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: ERROR: diskgroup was not mounted
    Anar Godjaev Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

HI,

Check that the disks in the diskgroup are present and functioning, that the owner of the ORACLE binary has read/write permission to the disks, and that the ASM_DISKSTRING initialization parameter has been set correctly. Verify that ASM discovers the appropriate disks by querying V$ASM_DISK from the ASM instance.

AND  please send me  alert.log  (error)

AND please send me result this query:  SQL> show parameter asm_disk

Thank you

• 16. Re: ERROR: diskgroup was not mounted
    mkeskin Explorer

Hi Sami,

In last step mos document says that ;

5. The procedure above only works with the symptom (0xaa55 on 510th location on device header ) described above. And there are many other possibilities causing PROVISIONED status in which the procedure above may not work.

And note that if the procedure above does not resolve the issue, the corruption must have been spreaded to other blocks beyond disk header.  Contact Oracle Support for further investigation.

On the other hand , you can drop/recreate FLAS_RECOVERY_AREA diskgroup  in order to start asm instance ,if files in this diskroup is not important for you .

• 17. Re: ERROR: diskgroup was not mounted
    Sami Newbie

@mkeskin:

mkeskin wrote:

Hi Sami,

In last step mos document says that ;

5. The procedure above only works with the symptom (0xaa55 on 510th location on device header ) described above. And there are many other possibilities causing PROVISIONED status in which the procedure above may not work.

And note that if the procedure above does not resolve the issue, the corruption must have been spreaded to other blocks beyond disk header.  Contact Oracle Support for further investigation.

On the other hand , you can drop/recreate FLAS_RECOVERY_AREA diskgroup  in order to start asm instance ,if files in this diskroup is not important for you .

If I drop or recreate diskgroup.. what will be the impact?

Its has only symptom... its has cleared now..

when am trying to view the data's by below Sql its show name as null for FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA. so I couldn't even set compatible ATTRIBUTE

SQL> select NAME , COMPATIBILITY, DATABASE_COMPATIBILITY from V$ASM_DISKGROUP;
    NAME                         COMPATIBILITY      DATABASE_COMPATIBILITY
    -------------                  ---------------------- -----------------------------------
    RUBIKON_DATA         10.1.0.0.0              10.1.0.0.0

because of name is null mount mode as CLOSED and HEADER_STATUS as INCOMPATIBLE.

SQL> select  name, mount_status, header_status,mode_status,state, path from v$asm_disk ;
    NAME                           MOUNT_S HEADER_STATU MODE_ST STATE   PATH
    --------------                  -------       ------------            -------    --------  -------------------------
                                   CLOSED  INCOMPATIBLE ONLINE  NORMAL /dev/mapper/Rubikon_fb
    RUBIKON_DATA_0000   CACHED  MEMBER       ONLINE  NORMAL /dev/mapper/Rubikon_data1
    RUBIKON_DATA_0001   CACHED  MEMBER       ONLINE  NORMAL /dev/mapper/Rubikon_data2

@AnarGodjaev,

SQL> show parameter asm_disk
    NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
    ------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
    asm_diskgroups                       string      RUBIKON_DATA, FLASH_RECOVERY_A
                                                     REA
    asm_diskstring                       string      /dev/mapper/Rubikon_data1, /dev/mapper/Rubikon_data2, /dev/mapper/Rubikon_fb

Thanks & Regards

Sami

Message was edited by: Sami

• 18. Re: ERROR: diskgroup was not mounted
    mkeskin Explorer

It changes to data in flash_recovery_area (if your redo log files are located in this place , you will be lost unsaved data latest consistent shutdown database )

If you have datafiles in this diskgroup , it impact all db . If you  have  only backups in this diskgroup , drop /create . Maybe you made corruption on disk when you are repairing kfed , or corrupted before your operation . In critic systems (espacially production ) you should open SR such like these operations.

• 19. Re: ERROR: diskgroup was not mounted
    Sami Newbie

mkeskin wrote:

It changes to data in flash_recovery_area (if your redo log files are located in this place , you will be lost unsaved data latest consistent shutdown database )

If you have datafiles in this diskgroup , it impact all db . If you  have  only backups in this diskgroup , drop /create . Maybe you made corruption on disk when you are repairing kfed , or corrupted before your operation . In critic systems (espacially production ) you should open SR such like these operations.

How can Check that flash_recovery_area diskgroup has datafiles.. is there any query to check it out..

if it has only redo log then how can i recreate it.. Kindly share me the steps to do that.

Thanks & Regards

Sami

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points