This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 3:09 PM by KellyMayfield RSS

Sensory Analysis in Agile PLM 4P

StefanoMeleSinfo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

an our Customer ask us if Agile PLM 4P has a Module dedicate to Sensory Analysis.

Is there a sort of eQ that enables you to send Product questionaire to a panel group?

I think the PQS Module is the most similar to the Sensory Analysis procedure.

Have you some ideas about how to use PQS Module for this scope?

I hope my question is clear.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Stefano

• 1. Re: Sensory Analysis in Agile PLM 4P
    KellyMayfield Expert

PQS is definitely the module for this.  PQS allows you to create lot samples and run sensory evaluation sessions for those samples.  A Session has a leader and participants.   The participants fill out Sensory Scorecards answering a series of questions you create.   You can see some example screenshots in the PQS user guide.

Let me know if you have any questions as you explore PQS.

Thanks

Kelly

• 2. Re: Sensory Analysis in Agile PLM 4P
    StefanoMeleSinfo Newbie

Hi Kelly,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Now I have some question about PQS.

What do you mean when you said "Session has a leader and participants"?

Who could a partecipant be?

Could partecipants be external people or must be "Agile Users?

Is it possible to create a web interface to externalize the sensory analysis?

Is it possible to add some images on the sensory analysis?

I hope my questions are clear.

Tank you very much.

Best regards,

Stefano

• 3. Re: Sensory Analysis in Agile PLM 4P
    KellyMayfield Expert

What do you mean when you said "Session has a leader and participants"?

Who could a partecipant be?

Could partecipants be external people or must be "Agile Users?

Participants/Testers have to be UGM users.   These are the users that are in charge of scoring each sample.  These are listed as "users" in a session and designated on the "scored by" field on the scorecard itself.   However each scorecard has a field for a "Panelist".  This is a free text field where you capture an individual's name that is working with the participant/tester to complete the score card.  For example, John (internal user) is testing sample XYZ.  He brings in a Sally as a panelist.  He would ask Sally to rate the "Aroma" of the sample and then he would fill out the score card with her response.   Once he has captured all of her responses around the sample he would calculate the total score and complete the scorecard.    He would then move on to the next sample and fill out a new scorecard for that sample.   This is meant to be a highly interactive experience with the panelist and the "participant/tester".   

John could probably also initiate the scorecard and allow the panelist to fill out the scorecard directly.  Once the panelist is finished John would calculate the total and complete the scorecard.  

Is it possible to create a web interface to externalize the sensory analysis?

The only PQS web service currently available is around the Sample Creation.  This service allows you to automate/integrate the sample creation process. 

Is it possible to add some images on the sensory analysis?

PQS only allows images/attachments on the sample record.  You can't add images onto the scorecard itself.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Kelly

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points